NAD Again... Maxwatt/Hiwatt Custom Sound Stage 40/20 112

your idol

Reaction score
I didnt know a damn thing about it. Its oddly very Stones sounding. Sounds like a million bucks. The retail on this amp is bananas. Its hands down one of the best sounding amps Ive ever played. I dont know much about the Maxwatt label other than they ran it for a short time while getting the HIWATT name licensing back in check. If anyone can tell me more about it Id love to hear!
4F1F2F0F-2DFD-4840-ABB8-29E60DC8AB04.jpeg
3BFD9B24-94F3-4128-8659-A3AC331B4EE6.jpeg

Hamtone

Reaction score
I dont know anything about those BUT, if its anything even an iota close to the hylight era amps, its an excellent piece of gear. the 20/40 in a combo would be pretty sweet, you can get a slight breakup and then smash the front end with some dirt.

My favorite amps are Hiwatts. Thats a 77 in my avatar (since sold) and my 74 is in storage, and I like that one even more than my 77. It has a HUGE full sound, and someone freshly recapped it, and lowered the filtering some, which makes the pick attack very dynamic. That is the true way to tell a Hiwatt or a circuit like it is, it will pronounce every bad picking habbit, poor string fingering you never knew you did.

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
I have a Hiwatt maxwatt SS amp. When they first came out.. Maxwatt was the name given to the hiwatt amps that were made in the east and for the solid state. Not sure if that is still the case. Might be that Maxwatt is simpky used for the amps not made in the UK.

What i can tell you is that the drive on my maxwatt is one of the nicest drives i have come across.. for heavy rock it is sublime

your idol

Reaction score
I have a Hiwatt maxwatt SS amp. When they first came out.. Maxwatt was the name given to the hiwatt amps that were made in the east and for the solid state. Not sure if that is still the case. Might be that Maxwatt is simpky used for the amps not made in the UK.

What i can tell you is that the drive on my maxwatt is one of the nicest drives i have come across.. for heavy rock it is sublime

So this is UK Made. If you can read under the knobs it actually says that it's made in the custom shop in England. As far as I can gather on it it looks like at That time the company that got them on their feet and running again had an initial issues with getting the Hiwatt name back into the game legally so they went with maxwatt but this is definitely and amazing amp.

mrdannyboy

Reaction score
Gassing for s Hiwatt or Harry Joyce amp. He designed and built a lot of the vintage hiwatt amps. Rich Robinson has st least one and it sounded unreal. Nice amp congrats

Hamtone

Reaction score
Gassing for s Hiwatt or Harry Joyce amp. He designed and built a lot of the vintage hiwatt amps. Rich Robinson has st least one and it sounded unreal. Nice amp congrats
The Hylight era amps, are hands down, full stop the best piece of gear any guitar player could have. The one issue is, the dr103, has a MASSIVE amount of headroom, and to get it break up some for your dirt pedals, you are breaking concrete.

A 100 JMP, has NOTHING on a 100 watt Hiwatt, for sheer horsepower.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I've got a '76 DR504 (Hiwatt Custom 50) and it's surprisingly usable. Lots of headroom, but not too much. You can actually get to edge-of-breakup tones at band volumes.