NAD: 1 of a kind Fargen.

leofender55

Reaction score
As I stated on this and other forums, I'm a big fan of Ben Fargen's builds. I bought my first Fargen amp, a MiniPlex MKII 1x12 back in 2003. Since then I've bought 5 Fargen amps and Ben has done a check up on any other amp that I've bought. Over these years Ben and I have become friends and he's used some of my gear for his Electric Dreams Magazine site.

A few months back he contacted me and said he had a one-off build he wanted me to buy. He built a special AC15 type amp based on the '60's Vox circuit with a top boost. After I accepted his offer, he sent me an email saying he wanted to make it special, and he added a Trainwreck styled master volume. He built this amp for a show that never came to be. He will never make another. The 2x12" cab his brother Jeff (JDesign) made for it is wonderful. The cab has WGS Alnico Specials.

It sounds fantastic with any guitar I plug into it. The magic pair with this amp is my Gibson 1961 Reissue ES-330.

Here is a link to the clip of Ben demoing the amp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwtI5CCMCs

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As I stated on this and other forums, I'm a big fan of Ben Fargen's builds. I bought my first Fargen amp, a MiniPlex MKII 1x12 back in 2003. Since then I've bought 5 Fargen amps and Ben has done a check up on any other amp that I've bought. Over these years Ben and I have become friends and he's used some of my gear for his Electric Dreams Magazine site.

A few months back he contacted me and said he had a one-off build he wanted me to buy. He built a special AC15 type amp based on the '60's Vox circuit with a top boost. After I accepted his offer, he sent me an email saying he wanted to make it special, and he added a Trainwreck styled master volume. He built this amp for a show that never came to be. He will never make another. The 2x12" cab his brother Jeff (JDesign) made for it is wonderful. The cab has WGS Alnico Specials.

It sounds fantastic with any guitar I plug into it. The magic pair with this amp is my Gibson 1961 Reissue ES-330.

Here is a link to the clip of Ben demoing the amp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwtI5CCMCs
Outstanding brother!!!!

smk506

Reaction score
That’s cooler than a hole in ice. A fargen icehole if you will. :D

Latest Threads