N.P.D. !! AnalogMan

db3266

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beano Boost. I've not had chance to try it out yet though :(

77563905.jpg

I have room for one more pedal on my board and I'm not sure what to fill it with :hmm:

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
The Beano Boost is chock full of coolness; I think you'll like it! I'd run it before you OCD though as putting any kind of pedal (including one that's buffered but turned off) radically changes the character of the Beano Boost much like how a fuzz pedal can be effected. However, you might experiment with the OCD or some sort of other boost in front of it as the change in character is not bad, just different and you might like it.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Go with lovepedal and fit 2 more :D

You could go with a delay or an EQ

db3266

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Beano Boost is chock full of coolness; I think you'll like it! I'd run it before you OCD though as putting any kind of pedal (including one that's buffered but turned off) radically changes the character of the Beano Boost much like how a fuzz pedal can be effected. However, you might experiment with the OCD or some sort of other boost in front of it as the change in character is not bad, just different and you might like it.

The OCD is true bypass is it not?

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Oh, oh! Someone is about to run out of pedalboard space...

I see the following threads in your future:

''Suggest a delay pedal to me''

''After pedaltrain, what board next?''

''Which power-supply...?''

:laugh2:

Just messing with you man. Congrats on the new pedal!:thumb:

db3266

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dude, I've got a DC brick under the PT Nano in the picture, If I run out of room, I will get the PT Mini and put the brick under it. :thumb:

I thought about a delay pedal but I'm not sure I need one. I have a Blues Junior that has reverb so I'm not sure delay is needed. My other amp is an Orange Dual Terror, no reverb, but I'll be using it for the overdrive it gives, do I need delay with that? I might just stick with what I have.....

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I'm so jealous. It's one of the AM pedals on my radar right now. The BB, the Sunface and the Chorus.
I would suggest filling up that last spot with the AM Chorus pedal for a little vintage flavor from time to time, but I don't know what kind of stuff you play.
I do think Hector hit this nail on the head, though...
:)
Congrats on a great pedal!

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
I'm so jealous. It's one of the AM pedals on my radar right now. The BB, the Sunface and the Chorus.
I would suggest filling up that last spot with the AM Chorus pedal for a little vintage flavor from time to time, but I don't know what kind of stuff you play.
I do think Hector hit this nail on the head, though...
:)
Congrats on a great pedal!

The Analogman Chorus is very cool. I have the stereo Bi-Chorus - basically the AM Chorus totally tricked out. However, if I were to do it over, I'd go with the basic chorus and maybe the deep switch and that's it. I figured that I'd use the two independent chorus settings but I don't, I don't run a stereo rig and the default deep switch setting (default for the chorus) sounds best to me. Options are nice to have, but kind of a waste if you're not using them so, if you do go with an AM chorus, I recommend going with mini if you want to save some board space or the large box if happen to dig it.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Cool, Rich, thanks. I was kinda wondering what route I would want if I get that pedal. Sounds like the basic Mini is the way to go, since, like you, I won't be switching speeds around during a set. I wonder why he makes a regular sized chorus and a mini. Why not just make the Mini??

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Very nice! I love Analogman's stuff. I have a TS9 I'm getting ready to send him for a Silver mod. But I'm also GASing for a Germanium Sunface something awful.

Nice to see an OCD in there too! :D I just got mine the other day and it's a keeper!

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
By the way - the Beano Boost works great with bright single coil Strat pickups when the pedal's switch is set to low.

This is me with Strat and BB into KoT then into a Mesa Stiletto Deuce. The video's sound quality isn't the best, but you'll get the idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMcjr5C_m0w]YouTube - ‪Ride Far Away‬‏[/ame]

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
By the way - the Beano Boost works great with bright single coil Strat pickups when the pedal's switch is set to low.

This is me with Strat and BB into KoT then into a Mesa Stiletto Deuce. The video's sound quality isn't the best, but you'll get the idea.

YouTube - ‪Ride Far Away‬‏

That sounds great! :thumb: Not to derail this thread but you have a KoT (King of Tone) pedal?! :shock: I have been wanting one for the longest time. I love the tone of that pedal... It and the Klon Centaur are at the top of my list of pedals that I really want but will probably never be able to get. :laugh2: The KoT is more of a possibility than a Klon though. I think I have enough TS type pedals as it is but the KoT would be the exception. I look forward to the day I can go to Mike's site and hit the order button and have it be on my doorstep in a week. :laugh2:

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
The KoT is the only pedal that gets more use than the Beano Boost and I actually bought a second one because I like it so much. With my live rig, one side or the other of the KoT is always on.

I use one side of the KoT with the treble down and the mid control set down a bit to get a beefier overdriven rock tone with the Strat bridge pup. The other side I have set somewhat neutral but with the mid control set to accentuate the high mids and use that with the rest of the Strat pups and humbuckers. In both sides, I'm using it mainly as a clean boost with just a little bit of overdrive added. I use the BB with the "neutral" side of the KoT for gonzo overdrive. The setup is a little convoluted (would probably make more sense to just get a hotter bridge pup for the Strat) but it works for me.

The second KoT is for use at home and I use that as a straight ahead dirt pedal with an old Fender Champ.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
The KoT is the only pedal that gets more use than the Beano Boost and I actually bought a second one because I like it so much. With my live rig, one side or the other of the KoT is always on.

I use one side of the KoT with the treble down and the mid control set down a bit to get a beefier overdriven rock tone with the Strat bridge pup. The other side I have set somewhat neutral but with the mid control set to accentuate the high mids and use that with the rest of the Strat pups and humbuckers. In both sides, I'm using it mainly as a clean boost with just a little bit of overdrive added. I use the BB with the "neutral" side of the KoT for gonzo overdrive. The setup is a little convoluted (would probably make more sense to just get a hotter bridge pup for the Strat) but it works for me.

The second KoT is for use at home and I use that as a straight ahead dirt pedal with an old Fender Champ.

Lucky you! I can't even get one KoT and you have two! Dirty dog! :D

db3266

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but I don't know what kind of stuff you play.

I play stuff badly :laugh2:

I like playing;
Bluesbreaker Clapton/Green
Cream
Fleetwood Mac
Zep
Allman Brothers Band
BB King

I thouht about getting a vintage distortion, but I think the overdrive will get me most of the way there. I also have a Dunlop Clasic Wah.

Latest Threads