N.C.A.D.....

scrumm21

Reaction score
New.Cheap.Amp.Day.....

I know I'm late to the party ...but.....
Watched short review vid for the Monoprice 5 watter last Sunday (StageRight) and for the hell of it ordered on Amazon and received it the Next Day for $128 (it's gone up 4 times since, now $159.)
Fun lil amp. It may be a while before the Bugera V5 gets any love. Celestion Super 8 not as harsh, imo, out of the box as I was expecting. Naturally it still needs breaking in. Qc is good and nothing loose.
For sh$ts and giggles have rolled in a 60's RCA 5751, a JAN GE 12ax7, a new Tung Sol and then an older Mullard/Heath 'ax7. The 5751 (always a fav) is nice, tames it a bit too much perhaps. Jan Ge and T/sol sound fine. Liking the Mullard/Heath best so far. Very low background noise, Amp is pretty responsive to guitar volume tweaks when amp vol is above 5....is more responsive to guitar volume knob than the Bugera. Actually kinda surprised how much more. Part of the fun factor...
Has an External Speaker "Out" but when I connected to my DSL 40c I got nothing ?
Gotta figure that out
...all i got....

20210315_143634.jpg

The Ballzz

Reaction score
@scrumm21

You said: "Has an External Speaker "Out" but when I connected to my DSL 40c I got nothing ?" In what manner did you do this?
Just Curious?
Gene

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, "Speaker Out" is for connecting to a speaker cabinet, not an amp guitar input.
If you disconnect the DSL's speaker cable from the speaker jack, you can attach a double-female 1/4" adaptor and a speaker cable to your Monoprice speaker out.

scrumm21

Reaction score
Rt...but..... I did Not connect to guitar input (seriously lol) of the Dsl lol......... sorry I didn't clarify....didn't realize I came across as that big of an tech idiot

Ballzz, Here's what I did
First I disconnected \ unplugged Dsl speaker on back of Dsl unit.

I connected my Speaker cable... from Monoprice 'Speaker Out'...to.... the speaker input jack on back of Dsl
Edit *** Yes, I quickly realized this was nonsensical ...see below ****

I admit I am not comprehending the double female adapter part of your equation efs'

Last edited:

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I connected my Speaker cable... from Monoprice 'Speaker Out'...to.... the speaker input jack on back of Dsl

I admit I am not comprehending the double female adapter part of your equation efs'
No, that's not correct, either. That's the amp's output. You need to connect to the cable you pulled out of the jack (It's connected to the speaker), therefore a double female adaptor, as I mentioned.

GPP-105-600x375.jpg

You plug the cable you pulled out of the DSL into one end, plug a speaker cable from the Monoprice speaker out into the other end.

I have a couple of these, and any combo with a setup like a DSL can be used as a speaker cab (as long as the speaker has equal or greater ohm rating than the amp.)

Canadian site, standart part, though

Last edited:

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like this. A Vox plugged into a DSL5C

IMG_2565.jpg

scrumm21

Reaction score
Haha....after I wrote the last post I was like....... hold on a min........:rolleyes::doh:

Light bulb turned on.....

shoot - i used to have an adapter...may have given it away

In the mean time i have connected from speaker leads of monoprice to dsl speaker via alligator clips (3' wire leads)

Sounds pretty good

Latest Threads