MyLesPaul Pickups for Charity !!! Contest !!!

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Hello MLP members .. I have an exciting contest to tell you all about !! The MLP Tesla coil winders group is ready to announce it's first project !! The first team of pickup winders to be featured is Wolfetone pickups and WB pickups !! Two winders that by themselves make great pickups , But by combining the musical genius of these two gentlemen I would expect the tones to be nothing short of astonishing !! Since both winders are on the verge of stardom and neither may ever work together again !! These will probably be collectors items !!

The contest proceeds will go to benefit St Judes Childrens Research Hospital ! An amazing hospital with branches all over the USA that helps children with terminal diseases of all sorts , From cancer stricken children to those suffering with terminal blood disorders , etc !! No child that comes to St Judes in need of medical care is refused on the basis of financial inability ( In english ... No patients are turned away because they can't pay !! ) ... That's were this charity contest comes in , Because in order to provide that care to these families in need St Judes needs your donations !!!! Don't think of the money your sending as just entries into a contest to win great pickups , Think of it as money that will help children suffering everyday of their lives and may save some lives !!!!! At the bottom of this page there will be a list of links , In this list will be St Judes website , So you can see for yourselves the great things they do ! As well as the links to the websites of the pickup makers that will be producing excellent pickups for us to raffle off , Please take a look at the websites for both Wolfetone and WB !! Without their generosity and cooperation , None of this would be possible ! Thanks in advance guys !!

Now for how this Charity Contest works , For every $10.00 donation to St Judes Children Hospital , You will recieve 1 entry into the contest ! For every 5 entries made you will recieve 1 free !!! So a donation of $30 gets you 3 entries but a donation of $50 will get you 6 ! There will be 3 sets of pickups donated by Wolfetone & WB pickups .. So that's 3 chances to win !!! All donations should be by Check or Money Order and made payable to ... St Judes Childrens Research Hospital !! Please no cash !! The address to mail all donations / entries is listed below !!
Please remember that this money is going to help alot of people who really need the help !! So please give till it hurts !!!!!

Bobbo ...

All donations/entries (made by check or money orders) should made payable to:
St Judes Childrens Research Hospital ..

Mail donations to ...

MLP Charity Contest
550 Palisade Ave
Garfield, NJ 07026

St Judes Childrens Hospital .. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Wolfetone Pickups .. Wolfetone Custom Guitar Pickups

WB Pickups .. WB Custom Pickups: guitar pickups wound by hand

RULES...
Only MLP members may participate in this contest ! You are eligible to win all 3 prizes ! In the memo section of your check please write your MLP screename and how many entries you are entitled to ! All entries must be in by March 30, 2008 !! The drawing will be conducted by our Administrator Alex!!

Good Luck to everyone !!!

Please note these are not individual pickups from each winder but a united effort of the two working together & will be unique & one of a kind pickup sets .....

Will Boggs & Wolfe Mcleod ..

Spicoli

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bobbo you rule! Good on you for doing this, I'm in. :cheers: :rock: :h5:

M

MrsBobbo

Bob and I have always wanted to be able to contribute to St Judes as it is one of the most compasionate charities today !
I think my hubby has done quite a job so far ! and I think all of you out there who donate are doing a great thing !

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I appreciate the early thanks but this is just the start ! Now is the tough part !, Getting everyone to send a Donation !!! To get this contest rolling and start the entries flowing in , The first person who gets his Donation to me will get a Bonus entry !!! Good Luck to everyone !! and remember these donations are helping one of the best hospitals in America !!.. If you'd like to post here that you'll be donating to show others your support for this cause , Please go right ahead !

F

FlameThrower

I know i'm a little tapped out from the holidays but after clicking on St Judes website and seeing what they're about . I'm in Bobbo My donation will go out tomorow .

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Fantastic idea!!!
I can't take all the credit for this ! It was Wolfe Mcleod who first suggested a charity event in conversations we had and Will from WB and Flick were discussing a way to get winders together and share ideas ! I just took both ideas and and ran with it ! I'm honored to be the Organizer of this charity contest but really it's the winders and you the members that will ultimately make this a great thing !
Please donate now !!! You'll feel better inside for doing it !!!... Please post if you plan on donating to show your other MLP brothers your support of this charity contest !!!

D

DarkLord

I'm in too ! I will be sending in a donation for at least 2 entries , Never seen anything like this on any other forum , I'm impressed .

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
A little bit about St Judes Childrens Research Hospital from their website ! ..St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility anywhere. Discoveries made here have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.

We are where some of today's most gifted researchers are able to do more science, more quickly. Where doctors across the world send their toughest cases and most vulnerable patients. Where no one pays for treatment beyond what is covered by insurance, and those without insurance are never asked to pay. We've built America's 3rd-largest health-care charity, with a model that keeps the costs down and the funds flowing, so the science never stops.

All patients accepted for treatment at St. Jude are treated without regard to the family's ability to pay

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I would love to donate and play in the contest if it's cool with the members , Alex will be drawing the names not me ! ... If not I will just donate without any entries .. How do you guys feel ?

Alex

Administrator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Thanks Bobbo, Flick, Wolfe Mcleod from Wolfeton Pickups and Will Boggs from WB Pickups for making this happen! 100% of the proceeds from the contest will go to St. Judes Children's Research Hospital, so that's really awesome. :applause:

I'm sending in my donation soon but wish not to participate in the contest.

Good luck everyone!!! :thumb:

Alex

Administrator
Super Mod
Reaction score
I would love to donate and play in the contest if it's cool with the members , Alex will be drawing the names not me ! ... If not I will just donate without any entries .. How do you guys feel ?
It's cool with me, man. Let's see what others think. ;)

Reaction score
It's cool with me.

I'll make a donation.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Do not see any problem & I plan to donate & play as well. We are planning publishing the entries as we go along correct

Reaction score
Thanks bro!

I just found out that my wife donates $20 a month to St. Jude's when I was showing her this thread.

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Do not see any problem & I plan to donate & play as well. We are planning publishing the entries as we go along correct
If it's OK with everybody I will post those who have donated ! I don't know if people want to reveal what they're donating though ?

Latest Threads