Myles Kennedy / The Trooper

THDNUT

Reaction score
someone should start the MLK forum. My Les Kennedy

Bluesky

Reaction score
He has vision because I never thought of The Trooper as an acoustic song. The drums...Steve Harris.......I couldn't fathom the tune without them. He gave the song a whole new life. Great vision.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
He has vision because I never thought of The Trooper as an acoustic song. The drums...Steve Harris.......I couldn't fathom the tune without them. He gave the song a whole new life. Great vision.
He said he wanted to do a Johnny Cash take, which made me realize it would have been an amazing song for Cash to sing. Vision.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Kennedy notes that his job as a guitar player, especially recently with Alter Bridge, is to add texture and colors to the music.

That’s both very cool and very much a freaking shame. But he does get to step out more.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
So he isn't a top tier Rock star ?
He's definitely not in Slash land or even in Tremonti territory in name recognition though the guy is at least a double threat with being a really good singer and really good guitar player. He should be big on his own. Props to Slash for giving Myles billing in his band.
I get the feeling that his name pops to the top of many a band's list of guys to bring in if he was only available and the guy in a definite asset (bonus points for not being a prima donna).