My turn at a tough day

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Too many of these lately. Today was my turn.
This is a 14 yr old pic
E7875E0B-65E1-4FB3-94F0-D78C688CC897.jpeg

This morning, I let em go together. They’d never been apart. The big guy had gotten real bad, real fast. The little girl was only still around to keep him company. She had been in bad shape, but being smaller made it easier. Vet came to the house. I was sitting on the back deck holding them both. Vet didn’t disturb or move us. Just reached in and did his work. So smooth. He did so good. We had meatloaf and ice cream for dinner last night and a long great morning. Tough duty, but made easier. They raised 5 grand babies and had a great run.

stringbender11

Reaction score
We had a vet come to us for our rescue tabby last Christmas, he was in bad shape from old age and kidney issues. My wife and i were really happy we found this service, so he could pass with his family around him, instead of a vet's office. I'm sure your 2 dogs passed a lot more peacefully than if you'd had to take them somewhere. RIP. :)

Olds442

Reaction score
Those dogs had 14 great years because of you, and you were lucky to experience it with them. I'm so sorry for your losses here this week. I can't imagine what it will be like for me but I hope I'm as strong as you when the time comes.

KP11520

Reaction score
That's not X2.... That's SQUARED.

I feel for you at a SQUARED Level. I can't tell you enough how sorry I am for you and your family.

That would probably finish me. Each pet took a big chunk of my heart when they left. Probably not enough left for two. Never mind SQUARED.

Peace is like water.... It seeks its own level. Hopefully sooner than never! For all of you!

Bury them together. Like they always were.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry Pop. Thinking of you in this time of grief.

defcrew

Reaction score
Sympathies, Pop. 14 seems to be the magic number with me too. I've basically had four dogs over a lifetime and all four died at 14. Miraculously, I've never had to put one down. That's got to be simply off the chain brutal. I always give the same advice...the only cure is a puppy. i lasted about ten days after Jack died this Spring before I got one. Whenever you make the plunge I know that puppy hit the jack pot. Some days sure sting more than others. Take care.

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, pop. Hard days like that really suck!

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
My heart aches for you Pop, that’s a damn tough day.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
Pop, your thread has me in tears.

In the oddest of coincidence, I had just read this article before opening MLP.

I've been having a hard time with the passing of my dog. Mostly about the decision process.

I can't begin to know how difficult this time is for you and your family.
Thanks for sharing this. We've gone through this many times, and unfortunately, we'll go through it again, but the time in between makes it all worth while.