My son's new pet.

Homz

Reaction score
I sure hope my lovely and talented wife Wickedred1 doesn't read this thread.

My mother got my son a Panda Bear Hamster today. I told my mom my wife had already told my son no to the new pet, but grandmothers tend not to listen to parents and thus the Panda Bear hamster.

So the pet was at my mom's house all day, but as soon as my wife left for work here comes my mother with the little furry bastard. So, since I didn't have the back bone to break my son's heart and tell mom to take the hamster back home with her, we now have to figure out how to keep the little thing hidden until I can asses the wife's mood for the proper moment.

My son (9) thinks he has the answer. He just voiced to me his plan. Since my wife wont be home until about 8 am and will than be going to bed, my son thinks he will wait till she is asleep than call his grandpa to take him to breakfast. This will be a good time to take the hamster back to grandpa and grandma's house. I guess he thinks he can keep running the hamster back and forth for ever more.

I admit at the moment it's the only plan we have. LOL. :wow:

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wondering why the kid can't have a hampster? It's not like it's A) Big B) Terribly Smelly C) a huge burden on anyone. I know I don't know anything about your son's history with pets, or your space issues, but still. A hampster?

Homz

Reaction score
My wife is afraid of the little furry things. In fact it is perhaps the only thing in the world she is afraid of.

I guess I can appreciate that phobic reaction to some extent. I have an irrational fear of spiders.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My wife is afraid of the little furry things. In fact it is perhaps the only thing in the world she is afraid of.

Don't look down.

Homz

Reaction score
Don't look down.

I had to have my daughter kill one of the creepy 8 legged harbingers from hell at band practice a few weeks ago. It was heading right for me and I damn near tripped over my amp chord trying to get out of there.

She thought it really funny watching the 6'5' 250lb. grown man run from the tiny thing. I wasn't laughing.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
waitwaitwait

homz is married with a child?

god help us all...

Homz

Reaction score
waitwaitwait

homz is married with a child?

god help us all...

2 kids. 15 yr. old daughter, 9 yr. old son
MY son.
[URL=http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/homz/?action=view&current=Clayviolin4-19-09.flv] [/URL]

my daughter

Our band. My wife Wickedred1 is pictured
P1010092_edited.jpg

Latest Threads