My son got into his first fight today

Spartom

Reaction score
Believe it or not I only dealt with maybe 3 really crazy parents through my career. One stands out though as the worst. And unfortunately for me I had 3 of her 4 children in my classes. However, it wasn't until I had her youngest that things got out of control. He also was a mainstreamed kid with special ed requirements including behavioral. Any time he was out of control she would be in the school making wild accusations towards me. She first entered my radar as being possibly a lunatic when one of the administrators came up to me and asked if I had pet pigs. I did have 2 Vietnamese pot bellies. Then he asked me their names. I was a little embarrassed but answered truthfully, "Porkchop and Bacon." He said ok and walked away and wouldn't tell me what it was about. Well, this mother was accusing me of naming a pig after her daughter (whose name was Jennifer). This went on the entire school year. She would leave 30 minute long screaming voicemails on the principal's answering machine cussing and accusing me of naming pigs after her children. Mind you as well, her daughter had been my student like 6 years previously and I didn't even have the pigs then.

Sounds exactly like the parent my wife had last year. She's probably only had about 3 or 4 who were crazy in 25 years of teaching, but a lot more who were just annoying. The litigious racist last year was by far the worst though. The school system finally got tired of her bullshit and threatened to countersue her (she had foster kids taken from her for abusing them, but I don't recall if that's what the countersuit involved...she had a lot of other issues) so she backed off and moved her kid to a school in another county where she works. My wife's coworker's daughter just happens to teach in the very school she put the kid in, and says she's making the same accusations there. Some people just deserve to be removed from the planet in a painful way.

Awesome names for your pigs, BTW. :thumb:

Spartom

Reaction score
I explained to my kids that my policy is far more important than the school's. If they are called upon to defend themselves or someone else, start swinging, I'll have their backs. In fact, I told my son that if he didn't physically stand up for and protect his sisters, he was going to be up sh*t's creek with me. There were about 15 elementary school kids on our street. My son and his best friend were the two 'big' boys (i.e. oldest). No one on the street ever got bullied at school, as far as I know.

Good on you, TD. I only told my kids that they couldn't start a fight, but if they were attacked they had a right to defend themselves. As far as I know, my older two boys never had any issues. #3 has Dad's temperament though. :D

Spartom

Reaction score
Sadly people tend to blame it on a third party before they assume any of their own mistakes. It's not her fault some parents had no business in having / educating children then point their lack of responsibility towards racism an whatnot :420:

Very true. Some parents, thankfully not many, don't take the time to educate their kids at home. My wife couldn't believe that a few of her 1st graders didn't know basic things like the alphabet or what letter their name started with (only a couple of those). Then she met the parents and understood why.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The UK has been in full SJW mode since the 70’s. Just look at how many of them cowtow to the Muslim immigrants for fear of being labeled a bigot. It’s really sad.

That really is a pathetic statement .

lunchbox

Reaction score
That really is a pathetic statement .

meh. Europe as we once knew it is dying a cultural death. It will be predominantly ME and NAfrican and Muslim eventually. Some reports I’ve read have said by as soon as 2050.

Last edited:

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
When I was a little kid, I fought EVERY DAY. I was in a school with a lot of black kids and I was a little redneck so I got picked on like crazy and I did not take it. It got so bad that my dad was called to school. The principal told him word for word that if I did not stop, they ( black kids) were going to kill me. My dads response was that if they did, he hoped I had enough left to take one of the black bastards with me before I died. It was awful and rarely one on one. I do not recall ever starting a fight BUT I'll be damned if I am ever gonna let you hit me first. I figure if you start telling me how youre gonna kick my ass, the fight has started. I have not been in any kind of fight since high school outside of the judo stuff I used to do. I have broken up a couple bar fights but thats it. I fought so much when I was younger I don't really have to now lol...if they only knew how broken down I am now .......

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
My son was being bullied when he was about that age. I told him if it happened again just point him out in the parking lot and I'll have a chat with him...

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
meh. Europe as we once knew it is dying a cultural death. It will be predominantly ME and NAfrican and Muslim eventually. Some reports I’ve read have said by as soon as 2050.

Ah, so you are one of those ignorant people that do not know the difference between race and religion.

So when you say Muslims, it means what in your head?

Instead of mouthing off a stupid ignorant post, find out facts first. Now you are sober, your newly edited, edited, edited answer to me, is still pathetic.

And for your info, last I remember seeing stats on the UK alone, it was around 80 per cent white British. A long long way that what you are staying could happen. Even for a very small island.

First you stated UK, now Europe. Big difference.

I grew up with Pakistanis and West Indians in England. I didn't give a shit. Hell, the British invaded enough countries over time, what did we expect :laugh2:
Sure it has now become an even more multi cultural country, but nothing like what you are trying to imply.

And to add to that, I spent a lot of time in N Africa, treated me with much respect.

A good kid or bad kid is just a kid. Not the black, Mexican, white and what not.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Very true. Some parents, thankfully not many, don't take the time to educate their kids at home. My wife couldn't believe that a few of her 1st graders didn't know basic things like the alphabet or what letter their name started with (only a couple of those). Then she met the parents and understood why.

As a kid, there are a 'few' moments that I recall being embarrassed by what I did not know. For me, that was a great motivator to learn more, to stake my ground upon what I know and to always respect the fact that there is much, much more that I do not know than I do know. There are two reasons why I thought that way, I call them mom and dad.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
My son was being bullied when he was about that age. I told him if it happened again just point him out in the parking lot and I'll have a chat with him...
not to get in your business but that will just make it worse. Better your son haul off and bust his nose. he might get whipped but at least they will know it aint gonna be free.

lunchbox

Reaction score
Ah, so you are one of those ignorant people that do not know the difference between race and religion.

So when you say Muslims, it means what in your head?

Instead of mouthing off a stupid ignorant post, find out facts first. Now you are sober, your newly edited, edited, edited answer to me, is still pathetic.

And for your info, last I remember seeing stats on the UK alone, it was around 80 per cent white British. A long long way that what you are staying could happen. Even for a very small island.

First you stated UK, now Europe. Big difference.

I grew up with Pakistanis and West Indians in England. I didn't give a shit. Hell, the British invaded enough countries over time, what did we expect :laugh2:
Sure it has now become an even more multi cultural country, but nothing like what you are trying to imply.

And to add to that, I spent a lot of time in N Africa, treated me with much respect.

A good kid or bad kid is just a kid. Not the black, Mexican, white and what not.

If you think Islam is a religion, then you’re the ignorant one. It is a Theocracy that seeks to subjugate all that do not practice it.

I edited because I don’t want to cause Dave any grief. So much for that.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you think Islam is a religion, then you’re the ignorant one. It is a Theocracy that seeks to subjugate all that do not practice it.

I edited because I don’t want to cause Dave any grief. So much for that.

All I can do is :laugh2:

JazzyLester

Reaction score
You have to stand up to bullies. :dude::dude:

Truer words have never been spoken. Unfortunately, many of us learn this too late. It's good to enforce this into our younger generations so they can learn from our mistakes. When I was young I took abuse from bullies.. I feel alot of it was due to combination of an aggressive, domineering Father and well meaning, over protective, loving Mother who just didn't want to see me get in trouble..

When I was younger, I think I was fearful and felt my hands were tied because of this. These days? No freaking way would I take crap from anyone, I don't give a damn who or what they are. But the thing is.. no one gives me crap now. I just wish they would.. but it never happens. I think once you've went through that it makes you almost the opposite.. you make up your mind nobody is ever gonna do that to you again.

OP is totally right in what he says also, with respect to his wife that whole point of view some people have that kids shouldn't fight can be very dangerous. If you enforce that too much into a kid, other kids can take advantage of their vulnerability.. they'll pick up on their soft, timid nature and reluctance to get into confrontations/stand up for themselves.

In turn they get walked all over and bullied over that whole "peace and love" nonsense that we should all get on and turn the other cheek. That would be great but facts are most people aren't like that. It's a tough world out there and teaching children to stand up for themselves at a young age is one of the most important things of all. I feel it can be learned later in life.. usually when the damage is done. Nothing compares to a correct upbringing in those early years.

Last edited:

JazzyLester

Reaction score
If I could go back in time, I'd tell 10 year old me to beat every ass that looked at me funny. I was bullied like a mofo from 6-12th grade.

Truth is, I coulda beat every mother fucker senseless that picked on me. But I didn't cuz I'm a teddy bear.

Yeah, this rings home to me alot too.. it honestly just sounds exactly like my own childhood. I could have written this myself.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Our school district is the exact opposite. Zero tolerance policy when it comes to fighting. Whether you're the aggressor or defending yourself, if you throw a punch you get punished. Such bullshit. That said, when my son retaliated after being bullied, the assistant principal had more common sense than the knobs who wrote the policy and didn't punish him for that incident. He has gotten suspended for initiating other fights since then. Middle school age is the worst.
That is a problem, and it is spreading. The a$$holes learn real fast, how to game the system. So they get off, while the target gets the shaft. But 3 cheers for your Assistant Principal, who did the right thing.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
CRobbins said:
You have to stand up to bullies. :dude::dude:

The big hurdle to overcome is the fear of taking a beating. That's what keeps most people in those situations down. Once you learn that getting hit doesn't hurt that much, you can make a better decision about the amount of risk you are willing to take.

As a kid you think "He's gonna kill me." The reality is he might hit you several times and it is going to hurt, but he isn't going to kill you. However, if you break his nose, he is mostly likely going to (incorrectly) fear that you might kill him. It is all about transferring the fear from you to him.

As a side note, with every scrap I was in, I suspect that we both said something to the effect of "I am going to kill you you ****ing ****ot..." which today would trigger just about everyone.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The big hurdle to overcome is the fear of taking a beating. That's what keeps most people in those situations down. Once you learn that getting hit doesn't hurt that much, you can make a better decision about the amount of risk you are willing to take.

As a kid you think "He's gonna kill me." The reality is he might hit you several times and it is going to hurt, but he isn't going to kill you. However, if you break his nose, he is mostly likely going to (incorrectly) fear that you might kill him. It is all about transferring the fear from you to him.

As a side note, with every scrap I was in, I suspect that we both said something to the effect of "I am going to kill you you ****ing ****ot..." which today would trigger just about everyone.
The harsh truth is, whether you fight or not he will beat the sh!t out of you. So you may as well draw some of his blood, too.

Latest Threads