My Select Spanish Cedar and Figured Maple Cap Stock being liquidated

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been a member on this forum for over 10 years as an avid fan and amateur hobby builder, but rarely go outside the Luthiers Corner. Due to health considerations and age, I have decided to move my Inventory i've collected over the years, as I don't build more than one or two guitars a year, and it's simply a numbers game. I have waay to much body and cap material for my needs.

I only have two species of wood involved, which is straight grained lightweight (averages 2.3/2.4 lbs per board foot) 8/4 spanish cedar. This timber came from old growth brazilian timber and is as straight, flat and knot free as one could want to find. I have kept it in lumber dimensions, because they are long and wide and would make excellant one piece bodies for above average builds. These boards ranged in size from 20" wide thrue 27" wide and 16 to 17 feet long. This tree was massive. This older slow growth stuff is getting harder and harder....if not impossible....to find. I've had this about 8 years. I will cut to width and length as requested, and skip plane to 2" thickness so color and grain can be seen adequately. These blanks consistently yield standard lp type builds weighing apx 8 1/2 lbs.

I can also glue up 3 piece neck blanks from the falloffs from the same board to ensure as best possible for uniformity in color and grain orientation. I have done this over the years with great success. i am also open to gluing up 3 piece blanks for thru neck builds.

I also have quite an inventory of 4/4 figured maple. I'd be lying to you if i told you what species it is, but I have used it exclusively over the years, and anyone that has seen any of my builds has seen some of it. All maple is wide enough to make two piece tops, but will not be bookmatched, but will come from same board to mate as best as possible.

I can take pictures and send to anyone interested and customize your orders to the extend the inventory will allow.

as far as pricing is concerned, I can offer a hard quote on particular pieces and order requests as per requested, but generally speaking, I have had no problem getting 75 Us dollars for standard size body blanks and 40 dollars for 3 pc neck blanks big enough to yield two lp style neck blanks. As far as maple is conderned the figuring of the blank will determine exact price, but i would think anywhere from 40 dollars per top upwards to 75 or so for the nicer ones has been fair to buyers in the past.

Many here don't 'know' me, but I will be more than glad to furnish references form my contacts on LC for any desiring so. Thanks. Bob Campo

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic opportunity for someone! Fatdaddypreacher is a absolutely wonderful human being and I am proud to call him my friend. His wonderful stock of Spanish Cedar and maple made this with the help of the talent this man possesses...

I love this guitar! It looks great but it sounds absolutely amazing!!!!

20210620_183629.jpg

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
just a bump before this gets completely buried. I know there may not be a lot of builders visiting this site, but if you know some one that does, i'd appreciate you sending them here. or if you have a family member that hobby builds, would make an excellant Christmas gift.

thanks to those that responded and purchased. this is some really nice stuff. when it's gone its gone....thanks again.

Gfunk_Minor

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic opportunity for someone! Fatdaddypreacher is a absolutely wonderful human being and I am proud to call him my friend. His wonderful stock of Spanish Cedar and maple made this with the help of the talent this man possesses...

I love this guitar! It looks great but it sounds absolutely amazing!!!!

View attachment 563481
DAMN THAT"S BEAUTIFUL.....
If you would be kind enough to leave it somewhere I can "find" it, I would eternally grateful.

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
DAMN THAT"S BEAUTIFUL.....
If you would be kind enough to leave it somewhere I can "find" it, I would eternally grateful.
i could find another one hidden in some cedar and maple that's lurking in the corner of my shop;). thanks. he was a pleasure to deal with and i'm glad he's enjoying it. i can't play, but i enjoy the fact that people enjoy what i manage to cobble together.

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thanks to all who messaged me and thanks to all who purchased. i hope you enjoy your builds.

i still have a good selection of both cedar and maple. thanks again.

Latest Threads