My Response to.....

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Would it be too much to ask to use regular text? When you post in giant, yellowish, cursive font I can't take any of your post seriously. Is there a reason for it? It's not going to make people pay any more attention and from what I can tell it's an instant turn-off for most.

Yes it is too much to ask & it is a option for anyone to use sorry:shock:

apocalypsebob

Reaction score
I appreciate the post Flick. i have been a mod of forums in the past and understand how hard it is to keep everyone happy, and I see that you are doing what you can.

I may not be an old dog on the forum, but I was reading the forum a long long time before I ever posted because I didn't feel like I had the right to show up at this place before I even could think about owning a les paul.

Since I've been here I have received ample amounts of help from people and met some really cool guys. Not to mention the fact through this place i found 2 of the best guitars I've ever owned. These things are why I became a paying member.

It is a shame that people are taking things a bit too seriously when it comes to this place and an even bigger shame that some of these people I have respected are defecting for somewhat childish reasons. It seems as though MLP is a victim of popularity. A few bad apples come up every once in a while and start rocking the ship. It is just the way it is with anything. I hope that eventually things will even out and some of the old dogs will make their way back(even the snarly ones).

Whatever the case you seen to have handled most of this with as much class and patience as anyone in you position could have. When anyone is in a position of authority people immediately tend to think there is something crooked about it. People see things that aren't there, and get fired up for mostly no reason. That is where the trouble starts. it is extremely hard to convey truth and motives through the web. It is also hard to trust through the web.

I have no dog in this fight. I enjoy posting here and reading here and tend to do so throughout the future.

Regarding the people leaving and making big deals about not posting(ie goodbye threads). That is your position but honestly you'd be better served just disappearing. Drawing attention to ones self is not helping the situation and only causing undue drama. Also it will save you the embarrassment when you do actually come back.

People leave the forum every day for various reasons whether they have to do with the forum business or personal business. With or without these people the forum will continue. whether they are regarded as royalty or not.

Flick, good luck to you, the rest of the mods, and the productive members of the community for that matter. I hope this place is flourishes in the future and continues being a huge resource to les paul players and guitar players in general.

There are few places on the net that one can be proud to be a part of. This place is definitely one of them. :dude:

-Bob

Sawgwa

Reaction score
Flick and the other mods,

First I say thanks for all the work and effort you put in here. Being a mod is a thankless job but an important one and often times requires judgement calls to be made. And no matter what actions are taken it will be rare if ever that everyone will think it was the right choice and that is what makes being a mod so challenging. So it is necessary that the mods do their work with a standard set of guidelines such as the rules we all agree to when we join MLP and I believe that the mods here do an excellent job of that.

But I also believe that the members have the same level of responsibility. My biggest beef is when members make repeated negative responses to low quality, foolish or stupid posts. It is the right thing to do to encourage and help noobs learn proper netiquette but just dumping and name calling only adds to the problem. And some members that howl the loudest are the ones that keep going back to the well that they claim to find so aggravating.

Einstein or Franklin (no one agrees who said it) said "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different results is insanity."

We end up like "John Gabriel's Greater Internet Theory" and that is not good.

It is OK to express any opinion you have. It just requires some effort to do so in a responsible way.

Great forum here. I stop in several times a day and have learned so much. I greatly appreciate all the talented people that share their wisdom and knowledge and I LOVE the build threads.

Thanks

guitar_randy

Reaction score
Could you imagine what it would be like if everyone in here would start posting with the large fonts?:naughty:

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the post Flick. i have been a mod of forums in the past and understand how hard it is to keep everyone happy, and I see that you are doing what you can.

I may not be an old dog on the forum, but I was reading the forum a long long time before I ever posted because I didn't feel like I had the right to show up at this place before I even could think about owning a les paul.

Since I've been here I have received ample amounts of help from people and met some really cool guys. Not to mention the fact through this place i found 2 of the best guitars I've ever owned. These things are why I became a paying member.

It is a shame that people are taking things a bit too seriously when it comes to this place and an even bigger shame that some of these people I have respected are defecting for somewhat childish reasons. It seems as though MLP is a victim of popularity. A few bad apples come up every once in a while and start rocking the ship. It is just the way it is with anything. I hope that eventually things will even out and some of the old dogs will make their way back(even the snarly ones).

Whatever the case you seen to have handled most of this with as much class and patience as anyone in you position could have. When anyone is in a position of authority people immediately tend to think there is something crooked about it. People see things that aren't there, and get fired up for mostly no reason. That is where the trouble starts. it is extremely hard to convey truth and motives through the web. It is also hard to trust through the web.

I have no dog in this fight. I enjoy posting here and reading here and tend to do so throughout the future.

Regarding the people leaving and making big deals about not posting(ie goodbye threads). That is your position but honestly you'd be better served just disappearing. Drawing attention to ones self is not helping the situation and only causing undue drama. Also it will save you the embarrassment when you do actually come back.

People leave the forum every day for various reasons whether they have to do with the forum business or personal business. With or without these people the forum will continue. whether they are regarded as royalty or not.

Flick, good luck to you, the rest of the mods, and the productive members of the community for that matter. I hope this place is flourishes in the future and continues being a huge resource to les paul players and guitar players in general.

There are few places on the net that one can be proud to be a part of. This place is definitely one of them. :dude:

-Bob

thanks

twinrider1

Reaction score
Yes it is too much to ask & it is a option for anyone to use sorry:shock:

Cool, good to know.
Though I would ask you to consider the possibility that your choice to use such large print may be a distraction for some.

Sincerely,
Mike

Grey

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I concur with your sentiments.

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
opinions are like... hmm?

i forget – but everybody's got one

time to lighten things up in my opinion

imo this is funny –

so put away your reading glasses
and put on your sunglasses

ENJOY!!!

x-ray-albums-educational-purposes-only-picture32473-mp.jpg

MORTICIAN: Bring out your dead!
[clang]

Bring out your dead!
[clang]

Bring out your dead!
[clang]

Bring out your dead!
[clang]

Bring out your dead!
[clang]

Bring out your dead!

[clang]

Bring out your dead!

[clang]

Bring out your dead!

[clang]

Bring out your dead!

[clang]

Bring out your dead!

[clang]

Bring out your dead!

[clang]

Bring out your dead!

CUSTOMER:
Here's one -- nine pence.

DEAD PERSON:
I'm not dead!

MORTICIAN:
What?

CUSTOMER:
Nothing -- here's your nine pence.

DEAD PERSON:
I'm not dead!

MORTICIAN:
Here -- he says he's not dead!

CUSTOMER:
Yes, he is.

DEAD PERSON:
I'm not!

MORTICIAN:
He isn't.

CUSTOMER:
Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.

DEAD PERSON:
I'm getting better!

CUSTOMER:
No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.

MORTICIAN:
Oh, I can't take him like that -- it's against regulations.

DEAD PERSON:
I don't want to go in the cart!

CUSTOMER:
Oh, don't be such a baby.

MORTICIAN:
I can't take him...

DEAD PERSON:
I feel fine!

CUSTOMER:
Oh, do us a favor...

MORTICIAN:
I can't.

CUSTOMER:
Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't
be long.

MORTICIAN:
Naaah, I got to go on to Robinson's -- they've lost nine
today.

CUSTOMER:
Well, when is your next round?

MORTICIAN:
Thursday.

DEAD PERSON:
I think I'll go for a walk.

CUSTOMER:
You're not fooling anyone y'know. Look, isn't there
something you can do?

DEAD PERSON:
I feel happy... I feel happy.
[whop]

CUSTOMER:
Ah, thanks very much.

MORTICIAN:
Not at all. See you on Thursday.

CUSTOMER:
Right.
[clop clop]

MORTICIAN:
Who's that then?

CUSTOMER:
I don't know.

MORTICIAN: Must be a king.

CUSTOMER: Why?

MORTICIAN:
He hasn't got shite all over him.

cracks me up every time :~)

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
Mirth is G-d's medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it.
~Henry Ward Beecher
[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] When people are laughing, they're generally not killing each other.
~Alan Alda

No man who has once heartily and wholly laughed can be altogether irreclaimably bad.
~Thomas Carlyle

[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.
~Bob Newhart

[/FONT]

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
Could you imagine what it would be like if everyone in here would start posting with the large fonts?
i think it would be great – i would not have to wear my reading glasses:wow: :D

Thundergod

Reaction score
:thumb:

This site is great, you do a great job, same goes for the new facebook page.

BTW the huge font and the not so bright color made the post easy to read (it's a pain to read long posts when they are in white and normal sized lettering).

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
@XRay: I love that scene...LOL

BB
agreed... just about the whole movie is quotable

same with The Big Lebowski, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, the 3rd Pink Panther, Airplane, This is Spinal Tap...

depending on your funny bone, the list is almost endless :thumb:

maybe we need an "Easy Does It" thread where people can share their favorite comedies and/or scenes, or as HAL says to Dave in 2001, "Why don't you take a stress pill?"

(maybe there is a dormant thread already)

twinrider1

Reaction score
So many great lines. This scene is one of my favorites....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_zkMEgkI]YouTube - Monty Python and the Holy Grail[/ame]

Latest Threads