My Response to the Firebird X destruction video

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone who received a Firebird X as a gift would likely curse Gibson every time they plugged it in, and then eventually toss it in a dumpster.
Gibson was simply pre-empting the inevitable ;)

BKS

Reaction score
I would have loved one... If i could afford one... But i love the strange and weird... What a waste... Those beautifull flame maple fretboards.... The hardware, Electronics.... So what do they want to say or proof with this? They don't care? Oh well

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
They weren't my guitars, so I will not pretend to be outraged by what Gibson did with their own stuff. Personally I try to get rid of anything that I have had for more than a year and have not used. I think it was more of a let's get rid of Henry. His legacy, his memory, and his bad ideas.

Reactions: Who

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I try to get rid of anything that I have had for more than a year and have not used.
So are you destroying your guitars that you dont use for more than a year?

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
So are you destroying your guitars that you dont use for more than a year?
No. I sell them. I have no business reputation to uphold. If I were Gibson, I wouldn't let inferior products get to the public either. For years we have seen the posts on how crappy the x was and how Gibson needs better qc. Well this is what qc at manufacturing facilities do. Demolish the faulty product so that it does not get to the public.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
No. I sell them. I have no business reputation to uphold. If I were Gibson, I wouldn't let inferior products get to the public either. For years we have seen the posts on how crappy the x was and how Gibson needs better qc. Well this is what qc at manufacturing facilities do. Demolish the faulty product so that it does not get to the public.
Last year I bought a memphis es335 which was like made by drunk monkeys. Two years ago, I bought an ES LP which didnt have the center block assembled....

I think if they’d really start demolishing turds they would end with 20 good guitars per year.

Gibson its just a sloppy e messy business, always been. They do survive thanks to us.

Reactions: BKS

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
Last year I bought a memphis es335 which was like made by drunk monkeys. Two years ago, I bought an ES LP which didnt have the center block assembled....

I think if they’d really start demolishing turds they would end with 20 good guitars per year.

Gibson its just a sloppy e messy business, always been. They do survive thanks to us.
I would highly suggest playing the guitar first. Thanks for making my point for me though. It sounds like maybe those guitars should have been smashed too. I currently have 14 different Gibsons that are flawless examples of guitar glory. I've actually never owned a bad one. Maybe the rock gods just don't like you.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would highly suggest playing the guitar first. Thanks for making my point for me though. It sounds like maybe those guitars should have been smashed too. I currently have 14 different Gibsons that are flawless examples of guitar glory. I've actually never owned a bad one. Maybe the rock gods just don't like you.
I never said your point was wrong lol, but for sure if they are doing that because of QC, isnt working great.

As for Gibson guitars, I have more than 14, love them all, doesnt mean Gibson isnt a sloppy brand, Between black and white, there is plenty of grey.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let’s hope they don’t contaminate the ground water.......:rofl:

Ghostman

Reaction score
Destroying the guitars is constituted as a Profit/Loss and the value can be carried on the books without Tax consequences for up to 5 years. A donation would hit the bottom line the year it was administered.

Corporate Tax 101.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheaper to rent a dozer than pay the man-hours to eval, salvage, store, distribute, etc., all that crap.... LOTS cheaper...

Jethro Bodine Ciphering 101.... :cool: