My R9 makeover by Florian Jäger

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why did he move the tail piece post? Gibson corrected the placement of the tailpiece in 2009 with the other 50th anniversary changes. From what I understand, Gibson borrowed 5 well known bursts and measured them; the average measurements were used for the 2009 50th anniversary changes. And in this pic, the new tail piece hole appears to be too far toward the volume pot near the binding.

Pekri59

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Gratulation, a great Guitar. Florian makes a very good Job. I love the work of him. He makes 2 Bavarian Makeovers for me.

Hyst3r

Reaction score
I really enjoy looking at these threads, wonderful to see these taken apart and lovingly rebuilt. Thanks for sharing OP.

winexprt

Reaction score
Very strange. Gibson started in 2013 to use bushings in vintage length on their historic. No need to change them.
I was scratching my head with that one too.

'13 and on already have the long bushings...:hmm:

MikeyV

Reaction score
Mac, your guitar looks gorgeous. I LOVE the color.

I can't wait to see the end result w/ aging etc...

I REALLY want to send my '14 R8 to Historic Makeovers... must resist.

Bunch of fCkng party pooper pick-up ring sniffers in here. Let the man enjoy his make-over.

Joe A

Reaction score
It looks like nice work over all. Were both sides of the tail piece moved or just the treble side?

Now the middle of the tail lines uo with the middle-line of the volumepots

Boston Dan

Reaction score
seems like amazing craftsmanship. I have Historic Makeovers and DJ Makeovers and I'll have a hard time ever going back...pumped for you.

Latest Threads