My Pillow | review

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I know several of you will be enraged by this extravagant display of wealth..so you should close this thread now.

The rest.. Several weeks ago I decided to give mypillows a go and ordered 2 of them. They come all rolled in a black wrapper up so my first impression was not good. I followed the directions and after a bit they expanded to the correct size.

Mrs. Minte laughed at me for buying something from the television... But that first night her opinion changed. After sleeping on them for nearly 3 weeks I am also converted. This is really a comfortable pillow.
I jumped on the bandwagon too and love my MyPillow.

My wife on the other hand tried it and opted for one that plays music or sounds and has a calming hum.

PeteK

Reaction score
Wife and I bought some a few years ago. Costco had an in store demo of them. The guy measured our shoulders and necks and recommended a specific size. We both love them. We went through a lot of pillows and these seem to be the best.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I would try them but I just don't want to breath in off-gassing for eight hours every night.
I've been using buckwheat pillows for most of my life . even with pillows that are made from natural materials , you still have to be careful with chemically treated components

while I know that I'm over the top with natural things in my home ( all wood furniture / no plastics in my kitchen / no harsh chemicals use for household cleaning )

the last place that anyone should want chemicals and foam , is near their face for appx. a third of the day's hours . for the price of the pillows __ I don't see it as " extravagant " spending . I see it as not spending the money wisely . better sleep maybe ? but not worth the long term risks . my opinion

Last edited:

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using buckwheat pillows for most of my life . even with pillows that are made from natural materials , you still have to be careful with chemically treated components

while I know that I'm over the top with natural things in my home ( all wood furniture / no plastics in my kitchen / no harsh chemicals use for household cleaning )

the last place that anyone should want chemicals and foam , is near their face for appx. a third of the day's hours . for the price of the pillows __ I don't see it as " extravagant " spending . I see it us not spending the money wisely . better sleep maybe ? but not worth the long term risks . my opinion
Do you hold your cell phone away from your head and rely on the mic to pick up your voice clearly, and the speaker to be loud enough to hear it? Microwaves, man.

We are all going to die ( based on statistics) so why not be comfy?

We had feather pillows at home when I was a boy, and who knows what kind of microby things were on those feathers.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score

the last place that anyone should want chemicals and foam , is near their face for appx. a third of the day's hours . for the price of the pillows __ I don't see it as " extravagant " spending . I see it us not spending the money wisely . better sleep maybe ? but not worth the long term risks . my opinion
So you traded chemicals for stuffing a young boy into your pillow case?

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Do you hold your cell phone away from your head and rely on the mic to pick up your voice clearly, and the speaker to be loud enough to hear it? Microwaves, man.
not the best examples . I never microwaved anything for 8 hours __ or talked on the phone that long . but I get your point . minimal doses of radiation are unavoidable with modern technology

but I'm talking about a person's living environment . not really difficult to make it safer piece by piece

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
not the best examples . I never microwaved anything for 8 hours __ or talked on the phone that long . but I get your point . minimal doses of radiation are unavoidable with modern technology

but I'm talking about a person's living environment . not really difficult to make it safer piece by piece
I understand, but piece by piece it eats up shopping time and sometimes money. I'm not judging your choices; I have and will likely always make bad ones.

I'm just taking the piss with you :cheers2:

Minte

I need a snappy title
Reaction score
I would try them but I just don't want to breath in off-gassing for eight hours every night.
We do urethane foaming every day for our coolers. If you mix the 2 compounds accurately it makes a totally inert foam. Even freshly foamed coolers don't smell anymore. Our equipment is decent quality. I make an assumption that mypillow uses more foam in a day than we do in a month. Their equipment would have to be amazing. I'm not at all concerned about health issues from the pillow.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Bought my pillows....hated em.....from day one hated em.....buckwheat pillows I like. Wife uses one of the memory foam things.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I recently bought a Novaform Lasting Cool pillow from Costco, and it's improved the quality of my sleep tremendously! I've been recommending it to everyone.

marksoundguitars

Chief Paint Sniffer
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the hotels we stay at would replace their lumpy hot pillows, that there are never enough of, with something that actually supports your head.

Don't care what brand, but I've heard good things about MyPillow. ;)

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
I know several of you will be enraged by this extravagant display of wealth.
I used to be poor and struggle.
I did struggle.
I sacrificed too.
And now I'm not poor anymore.
It's bloody GREAT!
I went through a lot to get where I am today and I'm guessing you probably have too.
I celebrate your extravagant display of wealth, Mintipops.
More, by all means.
:D

(I suffer from Sleep Apnoea and have a particular sympathy for anything which might bring sleep, no matter how expensive! lolol)