My NGD - a little late

Red Zeppelin

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am posting late but recently got my first Les Paul. Pictured in my profile, it is a Plustop Pro in bourbon burst.

I've had guitars all my life, but never really took playing very seriously. Since I am home more now, I have taken it up more earnestly, and sold off an older Fender to get the LP. Really happy with the fit and finish of the guitar, and I love how it fits me versus the Fenders. I have had strats before and most recently a Tele, but never loved how they felt while playing. I played one years ago in a store and fell in love immediately, it just took me until now to get one!

Already learned a lot on the forum, so thank you for that. Just been playing so far, only a change of strings at this point. I have done my own mods in the past and might with this, but will likely just play it as is for now until I get a feel for what I want to change on it.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Red Zeppelin

Reaction score
Just two quick shots after I took the stickers off and wiped it down a little. Was trying out the pickguard to see what it looked like since mine wasn't installed when I got it. I have the option to go either way with that now; I always liked the look of them on the guitar, but now I don't think I can drill a hole in it!

rbraad68

Reaction score
Just two quick shots after I took the stickers off and wiped it down a little. Was trying out the pickguard to see what it looked like since mine wasn't installed when I got it. I have the option to go either way with that now; I always liked the look of them on the guitar, but now I don't think I can drill a hole in it!

i always wind up taking them off. If you have to drill the holes to mount the pick guard ?? stick that sucker in your case and forget you have one!!!! I tell you man that thing looks sweet.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Beautiful LP ! I started off with Strats but ive been enjoying my Les Paul and Tele a heckuva lot lately .

JMP

Reaction score
Awesome looking guitar. My preference is pick guard on. But that’s me. Congrats!

What amp are you using?

LP1865

Reaction score
IMHO the pickguard looks better. But its up to you.
And also congrats!!
Awesome Guitar ya got there!!

What amp are you using?
I wanna know this as well.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Congratulations it is a cool guitar
I vote for pickguard on as well

Red Zeppelin

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. I spent some time trying to find this one specifically, and made a day trip to another state to pick it up! Was happy I found a brand new (2019) bourbon burst, and it was close enough to pick up. I really like the colors of it, I think it reminds me of my very first electric from when I was a kid. Was also happy to have the coil splitting since I was going to do that anyhow.

Right now my feeling is to leave the pickguard off, I've gotten used to it this way.

For the amp, I have an older Fender Frontman amp that I am playing through. For me at home, it is plenty of amp, and sounds pretty good, plus I like that I can plug headphones in and not disturb my family or my cats! Until I get to a point where my playing would warrant it, I can't justify getting a better amp.

Latest Threads