My next new amp, Roland Street Cube

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I need to practice and play late when I get home and wife and daughter are sleeping as is my neighbor in our duplex. I tend to blow my ears out with a headphone approach, so these small amps give me a decent compromise.

Yes, for serious tube tone I have the Mesa LoneStar Special, but I love these small low watt Amps.

A stereo cube with two channels. Like two Microcubes together, but wired like the old GK lunchbox ( Remember those ?).
It’s a guitar amp and mini PA system in one as Roland says. The first channel is a dual for mics OR clean guitar since its main coloration is reverb. Second channel is like a micro cube. The whole thing is two x 2.5 watts, but fairly loud since the speakers are so efficient.
Runs on six AAA bateries too!

Kinda neat. I love my Cube 30 and Micro cube, but wanted the stereo gimmick as well, so it is really a unique piece that takes up really no room.

Checkout the Youtube piece and the guy playing demoing it, really fun stuff!

A Carr Mercury is still for sale down the street too. (Goes down to 1/10 watt! ) Now that is a real cool one trick tube pony.

Roland CUBE Street Battery Powered Stereo Amplifier :: Overview

YouTube - Roland CUBE Street Battery Powered Stereo Amplifier

89943452.jpg

large.jpg

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I know what you mean. Huh, where did that come from? He clearly has a clue, right:rofl: A new nuance to the meaning well rounded player. That was Stanly Jordon done right
A guy like that is a great person to have out there demoing your products. He does things you can remember because he caught us off guard.

I wish the amp was a little larger with a couple of 8" speakers and maybe double the wattage, but it offers a lot in that small package. I miss my old GK. I wish that would come back in a modern version. This is close and perhaps way better.
But that player, he makes your jaw drop.:wtf: is the first phrase that came to my mind too:rofl:

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Huh, where did that come from? He clearly has a clue, right:rofl: A new nuance to the meaning well rounded player. That was Stanly Jordon done right
A guy like that is a great person to have out there demoing your products. He does things you can remember because he caught us off guard.

I wish the amp was a little larger with a couple of 8" speakers and maybe double the wattage, but it offers a lot in that small package. I miss my old GK. I wish that would come back in a modern version. This is close and perhaps way better.
But that player, he makes your jaw drop.:wtf: is the first phrase that came to my mind too:rofl:
your right he almost lost me then Wham :eek2::wtf:

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love my micro cube. I'm selling my pocket pod because of it. I think the amp modes sound better, and believe or not the batteries last a long time. I've got 3 solid playing hours on the first 6.

guitfiddle

Reaction score
You can also run the headphone out into the PA, and it sounds the same, but HUGE. I played with a harp player who did that regularly, and I did it once at a party. I put it on Brit Combo, gain at a hair less than half, volume at max and it sounded good.

Man, at the Fiddler's Convention in my hometown in Virginia, that piece the dude played in the video would bring the house down on an acoustic guitar.

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He looks like Carrot Top but he shreds like Buckethead...

Neat amp too.

Latest Threads