my newest toy...

TWANG

Reaction score
Pretty straightforward. If you like 6V6 tones, here they are. 2X12AX7 in the preamp.About 20 watts. Volume, Tone. hi/lo inputs. I've added NFB on a switch since I took this pic. and of course power jewel and standby.
12" Eminence Cannibis Rex. All in a used Raven RG60 cabinet.
Bases on the 5E3, named the 'tweed special' by the Wattkins folk who designed the modifications from Fenders creation.
It likes my strat.

Attachments

frater106

Reaction score
I've been thinking of building a 5e3 amp from a Mojotone kit. Great sounds, huh?!

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you back around these parts @TWANG ! Knowing your past results, I suspect that thing sounds killer !

TWANG

Reaction score
Mojotone has great kits, good support is there, too!

Here's the thing... the tweed special from the guys at wattkins forums is a tweed deluxe messed with over several years.
I can plug my lp into this thing and turn it on ten with the low end covered. I thought it was magic with my strat, too.

They tinkered with it over and again and this is my fave of all. (I build the marshall style in 20 watts and they are really great used together!)

One thing I like a lot is that I can turn it on 1 and practice at night and still have tone. pretty cool. Wish I could take credit but I am not the genius here!

I'm building another one into my 1935 Coronado radio (pics coming soon if I can size the dang things for here).

I have orders from Der Kommandant to sell off some guitars and amps. For some reason four amps in the living room is too much. Go figure!

I remember ya, Bill! Good to see you, too.

Latest Threads