My new Virgil Arlo Paf set

Browns Fan

Reaction score
I just want to say that I have never been more pleased with a new set of pickups. The clarity,Balance,and overtones are fantastic. They have that bit of snarl that I have been looking for in a PAF style pickup. I’ve been down the Replacement pickup road way too many times only to get close. These Arlos have finally given me the les Paul tone I’ve always wanted!! My guitar finally has vintage sounding tone! Great customer service, I would not hesitate to buy another set. Go order yourself some vintage tone!

NotScott

Reaction score
Congrats! I have heard very good reports from people I respect about Arlo's Tele and Strat pups. I would love to hear these.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
Me as well heard great things for all their pickups. But at 650 bucks and a 2 month wait I've been skeptical of getting them. But with 20 guitars i think i got enough lol. The addiction has to end at some point lol.

LtKojak

Reaction score
I've never, ever seen a negative review of any pricy p'up.

And, I'm not expecting to see one. Ever.

Most "boutique" people hear with their wallet anyway, so hearing all the praise for every single p'up out there is simply pointless.

I'm sure mr. Arlo wounds great p'ups. However, I guess that I'll never find out for sure, as I'm not one that plays the "pay to play" game. Never have, never will.

Jazzfinger

Reaction score
The Arlo's are amazing. Strats, PAFs, Tele's all top-notch stuff. I tried every expensive winder and bunch of guys priced in the middle of the boutique market. You know all of the names from the forums. Most sounded pretty good but nothing matched the tone - dynamics - clarity - warmth of the Arlo's.

Actually the the Tone Specific 1959 Blues PAF's might be close but the Mr. Arlo still stands heads and tails above the rest.

You really have to play them to believe it. Once you get a set it's the only guitar you will ever play the other 20 guitars just collect dust.

A guy I know said they sound like they have tubes in them. Thats probably the best way to put it.

Latest Threads