My New, new, new Joe Bonamassa Les Paul

Electric Funeral

Reaction score
The Gotoh stuff is a really good upgrade for Epi's - I've got the same bridge on my Epi LP Special.

HNGD!

RobinOC

Reaction score
Great guitar! Is the case lining color standard on those?

yes, and historically accurate, which is the only reason I tolerate it. I'm NOT a fan of pink. Would have preferred even the old wine colored interior to pale pink. Makes me think Pepto Bismol every time I open the lid.

LP_NEWFAG

Reaction score
Nice :D And yeah a better setup instrument is worth it. You'll also develop your ear better too.

56Bluesboy

Reaction score
Congrats on your new Epi JB! As of about 1 and a half hours ago I just bought a new JB myself! I went to Dietze Music in Omaha to ask about some other business today, and I also wanted to see if they had any Gibby Custom Classics in stock. Well they didn't have any Gibby CCs in stock but I gave the Epi JB a spin for grins and giggles and needless to say I came away very, very, impressed. For the money, and with the store tossing 20 % off today, it's a no brainer. I'm afraid I won't be needing the Gibson CC for a work horse Les Paul now. Sorry to hijack the thread, but these are amazing guitars when you find a good one, which I fortunately just did.

orcus00

Reaction score
Great looking guitar, I was in Sam Ash the other day and started looking at one didn't play it but it looked very well put together and I'm sure it sounds great. If I ever scrape enough money together I might get one, gotta love gold tops.

Congrats.

RobinOC

Reaction score
Spent most of today with my new Goldie (named after the character in 'Sin City' since this isn't the JB LP I started out with but her sister)

Playing through the Fender G-Dec 3 Thirty, which I'm still in the learning curve with it 5 months after buying it, which is understandable since it does so much.

I'm a newb to electric guitars, I have an old Epi FT-145 (Japanese) I bought back in the '70s, but never learned to play chords with it, just picking a string at a time. Anyway, I have to say I wish I'd bought an Epi made Les Paul back then cause its true what they say, electrics are easier to play. As long as I'm wishing... I wish I had bought a Gibson Les Paul instead of that old acoustic Epi.

Latest Threads