My New, new, new Joe Bonamassa Les Paul

RobinOC

Reaction score
Hopefully its a 'Third time is the charm' situation.

It took three tries before I got one shipped to me without any damage but this one they went all out on the packaging (Pictures attached). :applause:

You guys already wished me a HNGD on the first one.

Will be spending the rest of the day checking it out before I can relax and enjoy this beauty.

Bob

robinoc-albums-epiphone-joe-bonamassa-les-paul-picture46833-img-0832-2.jpg

Here's all the packing. That box is big enough to hold me! Took forever to get out of the box but at least no broken pieces this time.
robinoc-albums-epiphone-joe-bonamassa-les-paul-picture46832-img-0829-2.jpg

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
HNGD again, this time for sure it looks like. Enjoy! :applause:

Shagnwagon

Reaction score
Happy New guitar day! :thumb: With everyone getting one I am tempted to pick one up and slap a bigsby on it!

RobinOC

Reaction score
Congrats! She's a beauty! I'd change those strings asap though and give the fretboard a good cleaning from the look of the inside of the case. You should be able to get that out with some carpet cleaner and a good vacuum cleaner. One thing about having a light interior on a case is that you get used to cleaning your strings before putting her away. Or if you'r lazy, like me, just carry a cloth in your case and put it over that part of your fretboard before you close the case.

And even if we wished you it before, if this is a keeper you still deserve another......

HNGD!!

I took it down to 13th Street Guitar Repair in Huntington Beach, CA and having them set it up and install Gotoh bridge and tailpiece. They had the Gotoh at 1/2 price (installed) for used pair that I couldn't tell wasn't new.

They'll do a fret job on it for a discount since I'm doing the setup and bought the bridge. Should I spend the extra $55? Will I notice a difference since I'm a real newbie, still learning my first chords?

Ax3

Reaction score
AHHHH, Nice JB LP.I really wish i could afford one of these, but ill stick to my LP standard and hot rod the shit out of it.

workerunit

Reaction score
I took it down to 13th Street Guitar Repair in Huntington Beach, CA and having them set it up and install Gotoh bridge and tailpiece. They had the Gotoh at 1/2 price (installed) for used pair that I couldn't tell wasn't new.

They'll do a fret job on it for a discount since I'm doing the setup and bought the bridge. Should I spend the extra $55? Will I notice a difference since I'm a real newbie, still learning my first chords?

It sounds like a great deal so long as the guy doing the work knows exactly what he is doing.

And yes, if done right, the guitar should be easier to play.

themightyjaymoe

Reaction score
Glad you finally got a guitar that was in great shape! Those Bonamassa Epis look like they are awesome players! I hope you get years of enjoyment out of that one.

wwit

Reaction score

For that price, if the guy knows what he's doing, then yes absolutely have it done now. Learning to play on a well set up guitar takes a lot of potential frustration out of it. :cool:

RobinOC

Reaction score
Just picked up the JB LP from 13th Street Guitar repair in Huntington Beach. They had a like new Gotoh bridge/tailpiece they sold me for 1/2 price. So hardware/installation and complete setup (except for fretwork which would have been an additional $55 as a package) on my new JB LP came to $140. Looks great, sounds better than stock Epi hardware, sounds amazing and plays great.

robinoc-albums-epiphone-joe-bonamassa-les-paul-picture46902-img-0835.jpg

Latest Threads