That is awesome...personally love the black plastics with clear knobs

absolutely killer

hngd
dont know how I missed this post :wow:

-Chris

Seven

Reaction score
Congrats! :dude:

I have the Epiphone version in that color on order.

Raidersfan

Reaction score
Congrats! :dude:

I have the Epiphone version in that color on order.
I had considered that too, but decided to trade in 2 Gibson LP’s to get this one, I think I would have been happy with the Epi too, Good luck with it.

Raidersfan

Reaction score
Thanks, everybody. I am so in love with this guitar. It just felt right the moment I first picked it up, and it is a pure joy to play, I couldn’t be happier with it....and damn, does it look good too.
A781BDF5-A20B-4AB6-9CBE-DB0B72BF8612.jpeg
8AEEB203-1F5E-4F02-AF00-60195FF0668C.jpeg

Last edited:

jreading

Reaction score
Hey, I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I also just got this guitar, same color. So awesome. Do you notice any significant change in sound with the neck coil split? It's SUPER subtle to me.

dmac in SC

Reaction score
Not going to start a new thread if I can revive this one, but I have been lusting over this exact guitar for a couple of weeks now. They are actually on backorder with a number of the big gear outlets, and the price is the same everywhere I look.

The only negatives I hear about the moderns is from folks that dislike coil splitting...I don't really like it either, but I don't have to use it.

Does anybody, in the last year since this thread was started, have any experiences that would encourage/discourage me from pulling the trigger on this?

Thanks in advance.

bytemare

Reaction score
Hi, I have one of these. I love it. I love almost all of the "modern" features in this guitar, I love the pickups, and although I usually don't like solid colors, the colors on these are quite nice and expensive looking. I usually do like coil splitting, although I don't really like how it's implemented on the modern, though others seem to like (I made a small mod on the coil split, there's a thread here for it).

I also had the Epiphone modern too (long story). Quality was great, played excellent, sounded good, and really was almost exactly like the Gibson version.

If you like the modern features (easier higher fret access, asymmetrical neck, compound radius fingerboard), then I think it's for you.

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love everything about that guitar

Latest Threads