My new Gibson Les Paul Modern

Raidersfan

Reaction score
4F2A02EC-1AD8-4055-8B83-38101BFD9B9E.jpeg

B033BCE5-CDBF-44D7-AB7B-B6B41B1AF721.jpeg
J
Just got this Faded Pelham Blue Gibson Les Paul Modern, and I love it already, Feels just right, and it has so many tonal choices. Plays and sounds as good as it looks too. I couldn’t be happier with it.

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Stunning. I played a black modern the day I bought my Standard '50s. Fantastic modern twist on a Les Paul!

Raidersfan

Reaction score
I love it! What is it that makes it a 'Modern'?
I love it! What is it that makes it a 'Modern'?

From the Gibson site....easier to quote than explain it myself
“The new Gibson Les Paul Modern incorporates many contemporary updates that players have embraced such as lighter-weight bodies and innovative slim taper neck with asymmetrical profiles. The Modern fingerboard is crafted with genuine ebony and a compound radius for lower, and cleaner action. The neck/body joint features the new Modern contoured heel for effortless access to the highest frets as well as maximum sustain and stability. Hardware upgrades include Grover locking Rotomatic tuners, clear top hat knobs and BurstBucker Pro and BurstBucker Pro + pickups. The control assembly features 4 push-pull pots to switch between the Gibson humbucker and the single coil P90 sounds, both of which have defined so many genres of music across multiple generations since we invented them, phase switching and pure bypass for functional and versatile sonic variety. The new Gibson Les Paul modern is here to shape sound for future generations.”

Deftone

Reaction score
From the Gibson site....easier to quote than explain it myself
“The new Gibson Les Paul Modern incorporates many contemporary updates that players have embraced such as lighter-weight bodies and innovative slim taper neck with asymmetrical profiles. The Modern fingerboard is crafted with genuine ebony and a compound radius for lower, and cleaner action. The neck/body joint features the new Modern contoured heel for effortless access to the highest frets as well as maximum sustain and stability. Hardware upgrades include Grover locking Rotomatic tuners, clear top hat knobs and BurstBucker Pro and BurstBucker Pro + pickups. The control assembly features 4 push-pull pots to switch between the Gibson humbucker and the single coil P90 sounds, both of which have defined so many genres of music across multiple generations since we invented them, phase switching and pure bypass for functional and versatile sonic variety. The new Gibson Les Paul modern is here to shape sound for future generations.”

That's good stuff. If I was in the market for another guitar, I would probably opt for the Les Paul Modern (he said as he typed and planned to go check them out...)

Raidersfan

Reaction score
That's good stuff. If I was in the market for another guitar, I would probably opt for the Les Paul Modern (he said as he typed and planned to go check them out...)
Haha, yeah I get that. I traded in 2 Gibson Les Pauls that I just wasn’t crazy about in order to get this Modern, and I am so glad I did. Not going to miss the two I traded in, and this one is just amazing. Good luck with your ‘shopping’

integra evan

Reaction score
Very nice! I like the natural back of these with the colored tops. Good contrast. Enjoy!

Raidersfan

Reaction score
Is there any jiggery pokery with the wiring then, I didn't think you'd be able to get P90 sounds from a split humbucker?
I don’t know, but I’ve had coil tap with HB pickups before in Gibson and Epiphone Les Pauls, and it doesn’t sound like any of them. Is it exactly like having P90’s?....I don’t know, I’m not an expert, but it sure doesn’t have a thin SC type sound I’ve experienced with other coil splitting HB pickups. More of a full sound, without quite the treble bite of a SC. Heck, I was confused as anybody when I used the coil tap.....wasn’t anything like I expected from experience.

Latest Threads