My new Epiphone Riviera in Sparkling Burgundy

chrisj1602

Reaction score
I have had this a couple of weeks now and I am really happy with it, I haven't played another guitar since I got it!

I used to have an Assembled in USA Sheraton that I really regret selling, I really liked the mini humbuckers and listening back to recordings I did on that guitar, they sounded as good as I remembered. I was anticipating that I might need to upgrade the stock minis on the Riviera but they really are great and will be staying put.

Really like the neck carve, a nice rounded C and the fretwork is spot on, no sharp edges. This my first guitar with an Indian Laurel board and I have seen some awful looking ones but this is fine and I honestly do not give it a second thought now.

Being a bit of a nerd, I ordered a foil E for the pick guard to replace the black/silver one they ship with...

Paul46

Reaction score
Congrats. Loving that colour. If I had any more space for guitars I'd be getting one of those in a heartbeat.

JMP

Reaction score
That Riviera is spot on. Way to go Epiphone! Congratulations on that new guitar.

Paul46

Reaction score
Sweet. I did the same to my 50th Anniversary Sheraton. Looks great.

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to tie myself up to not hit the add to cart button on one of those. Congrats!!! Very nice!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I guess I’m behind the times, but I thought the Rivieras had three P90s. I tried out one like that and the P90 buzz drowned out the music! I like the two mini buckers much better. Is it a semi hollow or a full hollow?

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I’m behind the times, but I thought the Rivieras had three P90s. I tried out one like that and the P90 buzz drowned out the music! I like the two mini buckers much better. Is it a semi hollow or a full hollow?
Semi hollow.

Dole, you need to learn to embrace the hum ;)
I have four guitars with some sort of humbucker, and ten with single coils - SG Special, Teles, Jazzmaster, Melody Makers, Squier Bullet...

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Well. I have never had a hum problem with mini humbuckers. And never with single coils either. I went on Sweetwater’s site and learned that the Riviera with 3 P90s is still with us. Yours looks better anyway.

Latest Threads