My "new" '98 Les Paul Standard

BluesZep

Reaction score
Hi there!
I'm from Brazil, 29 yrs old, and could say I'm not a newbie in MLPForum, but I have few posts.

Almost a year ago I've discovered this forum, and watch each new acquisition here. All you have excelent Les Pauls!!

Well, now I'm proud to show you my new axe. It's a Gibson Les Paul Standard, '98, Honeyburst, plaintop. It's my first Gibson guitar, and it's like the realization of a dream.
Maybe I'll replace the 490/498 pickups with classic '57, which ones are in my Epiphone right now.

I've already replaced knobs (gold speed to amber top hat) and switch tip (cream to amber), and more mods will come. Suggestions are welcome!

I'll show you some pics, and hope you like!

P.S.: Sorry my bad english!!

EDIT:
I've recorded right now a sample using my new LP.
Drums and bass sounds were made using fruit loops, so don't expect nothing more than a digital sound...
Guitar was Gibson LP Standard (490/498 pups), plugged in Peavey Classic 30. Miced directly to PC. Clean guitar is peavey clean channel, and lead is drive channel.

Hope you enjoy!!

Link: SoundClick artist: BluesZep - page with MP3 music downloads

:wave:

rodneyk915

Reaction score
That's beautiful!! I know the pride you feel with buying your first LP. Not a thing wrong with your english so don't apologize :thumb: We're here for the music and guitars not to worry about whether someone can write perfect english :wave: :cheers:

Winterls

Reaction score
That's beautiful!! I know the pride you feel with buying your first LP. Not a thing wrong with your english so don't apologize :thumb: We're here for the music and guitars not to worry about whether someone can write perfect english :wave: :cheers:

+1

BobbyK

Reaction score
oh wow... honeyburst is such a nice colour.

Do any historics have a brown back, rather than a red back?
The brown just really does it for me.

BluesZep

Reaction score

Thank all you guys! I'm in love with her!

rodneyk915
Thanks for it. So, let's talk about music and guitars!!

Greetings from Brazil!

Bowhunterwt

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
WOW~!!!! Great Axe There~!!!!!! You have a winner~!!!! Keep on Rockin~!!!!:applause::applause::applause::thumb:

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Wow!!! Great looking guitar!! I hope she plays at least half as good as she looks.

And your english is fine. :thumb:

Mikeeeeh

Reaction score
That is seriously beautiful! :shock: COngratulations on your score... and yep the first Gibson Les Paul you acquire is always special! Welcome :wave:

InnerRage

Reaction score
Real Nice guitar. Ive said it before, and I'll say it again- I'm really diggin' the plain tops.....Good luck with it and enjoy.

BluesZep

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I've recorded right now a sample using my new LP.
Drums and bass sounds were made using fruit loops, so don't expect nothing more than a digital sound...
Guitar was Gibson LP Standard (490/498 pups), plugged in Peavey Classic 30. Miced directly to PC. Clean guitar is peavey clean channel, and lead is drive channel.

Hope you enjoy!!

Link: SoundClick artist: BluesZep - page with MP3 music downloads

Rico

Reaction score
Very nice looking LP congrats. :applause:

Kool playing too. :thumb:

Axeman16

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
love the colour. also +1 on the 57's. theyre the best pickups.

BluesZep

Reaction score
Thank you all!

Downshyft,
Yes, she's very clean considering her age. She has some minor scratches, but in general she's in very good shape!

Latest Threads