My mediocre (at best) song. Best place to share original music?

DotStudio

Reaction score
So I just recorded my first original (actually, the first complete recording I've ever attempted). Found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B33vTPINdUIgQzZXU2VJbkNGdXc/view?usp=drivesdk

I know, not that great. But it did give me enough confidence to think that I can at least string something together that resembles a song. So where do people put up originals typically? I know people throw them up on YouTube, but is there something a little more geared towards music?

I'm not expecting to become a rock star or anything, but I wouldn't mind at least having a few ears on my music if possible. Thanks :thumb:

sk8rat

Reaction score
a lot of people use soundcloud for that type of stuff but you really have to use something like facebook and word of mouth to get a following if you are going to use the internet.

DotStudio

Reaction score

DotStudio

Reaction score
a lot of people use soundcloud for that type of stuff but you really have to use something like facebook and word of mouth to get a following if you are going to use the internet.
Crap, I guess I should dust off my circa 2004 FB account :laugh2:

I'm not really looking to promote a band or anything. I was just hoping there was some type of "hot or not" type site where people would listen and rate new songs. Maybe I should start that site :hmm:

sk8rat

Reaction score
Crap, I guess I should dust off my circa 2004 FB account :laugh2:

I'm not really looking to promote a band or anything. I was just hoping there was some type of "hot or not" type site where people would listen and rate new songs. Maybe I should start that site :hmm:
there are a some music sites like that. Im pretty sure on sound cloud it will cycle through random music made by other people. If I recall correctly the band chvrches started out that way and they are pretty big now.

DotStudio

Reaction score
there are a some music sites like that. Im pretty sure on sound cloud it will cycle through random music made by other people. If I recall correctly the band chvrches started out that way and they are pretty big now.
Cool, I'll have to try that out. I've seen people post songs from there, but I thought it was just a place to share links from. Didn't know it had that function.

Sadly, I'm not quite as adorable as the lead singer of chvrches...

DotStudio

Reaction score
I got myself one of them there soundclouds...

Listen to SCRAMBLIN by DotStudio #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/dot-studio-803888133/scramblin

When do I start collecting royalties? :laugh2:

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Hey Dot! That sounded great man! Nice playing and a decent mix. I would bring up the drums a bunch myself.

You have a cool voice too! Right on man! I'm excited that you recorded something! You got the bug now?

DotStudio

Reaction score
Hey Dot! That sounded great man! Nice playing and a decent mix. I would bring up the drums a bunch myself.

You have a cool voice too! Right on man! I'm excited that you recorded something! You got the bug now?
Thanks so much man :thumb:

Yeah, I think I found a new way to waste my free time :laugh2:

Beyond being my first recording, that was also the first time I ever really tried to play drums to anything. I think I buried them in the mix subconsciously out of embarrassment :hmm:

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Thanks so much man :thumb:

Yeah, I think I found a new way to waste my free time :laugh2:

Beyond being my first recording, that was also the first time I ever really tried to play drums to anything. I think I buried them in the mix subconsciously out of embarrassment :hmm:
That'll happen....:) Bring em up....you play drums better than I do! Which is why i use drum software lol!

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like it Dot. Yup.

DotStudio

Reaction score
And when they do, they're rather listen to the umpteen-millionth cover of some beaten-to-death classic rock or bloozerock warhorse than something original.
Yeah, i just threw this thing together. It must be frustrating to be an actual musician trying to be heard. I always give a click whenever someone posts something. Do I like all of it? Absolutely not. But everyone deserves a shot.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounded very ZZ Topish. Drums up and maybe a little more umph in the vocal delivery. Great effort, great sound and kudos for posting it. :)

Was the guitar a Dot Studio? What amp? What editing program?...details man! :)