My Les Paul Defect Burst - Beauty or the Beast?

378 POW!

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to present you my new Les Paul R8 from 2018. I called her the Defect Burst because of the strange wood grain on the top. I still don't now if it's hot or not! Just tell me what you think? It's unusual but maybe it's her strong point.

I personally think it's cool. Makes it unique. That's one thing I love about mine; the defective flame top.

Attachments

BoogyWithStu

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to present you my new Les Paul R8 from 2018. I called her the Defect Burst because of the strange wood grain on the top. I still don't now if it's hot or not! Just tell me what you think? It's unusual but maybe it's her strong point.

It all depends what YOU think, and if you like it or not. How she feels and sounds. When I got my Bertha (OK, yeah.. I named her. Don't ask me why I named her Bertha, don't even like the name) it was down to feel and sound rather than looks. She is a plain top and out of the 5 R8 guitars I tried she was the best, but not the prettiest. But then again I though a plain top was more historically correct. That said, If I would of come across another that was as good to play but had a killer top at the time, I would have gone for the killer top.

My Les Paul Classifieds