My lefty norlin

KOSTAS11

Reaction score
Thougtt you guys would be interested in my lefty norlin custom . It is modified for sure but still has that old mojo . Made i 79 , fretless wonder . Changed electronics for 500k pots and swapped pickups for super distortion and super 2 .
What you think?
GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM 79 a.jpg
GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM 79 b.jpg
GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM 79 c.jpg
GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM 79 d.jpg

Last edited:

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kalamazoo made too..... very nice. :applause:

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
But it is wine red......
Ya know, I was wondering if it was? It sort of looked red, but then it also looked black, especially the headstock. I'm colored blind, not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that the colors that I see aren't the same colors you might see. They're close, but not the same.

I can remember being in Jr. high school back in the early '70s when you had to take eye exams in school (wonder if they still do that?). When I was checked for colors, the nurse told me (paraphrase) you probably don't want to be an electrician when you get a job. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

She's still a lovely Custom nonetheless. Besides, it's my Thread, so if you want to post pics there, post 'em!

:cheers2:

Last edited:

bblooz

Reaction score
Very cool - don't see that many lefties here. It looks so dark, I thought it was oxblood. Thanks for sharing!

KOSTAS11

Reaction score
Ya know, I was wondering if it was? It sort of looked red, but then it also looked black, especially the headstock. I'm colored blind, not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that the colors that I see aren't the same colors you might see. They're close, but not the same.

I can remember being in Jr. high school back in the early '70s when you had to take eye exams in school (wonder if they still do that?). When I was checked for colors, the nurse told me (paraphrase) you probably don't want to be an electrician when you get a job. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

She's still a lovely Custom nonetheless. Besides, it's my Thread, so if you want to post pics there, post 'em!

i think i got the right stuff for your thread and i will post there very shortly......

KOSTAS11

Reaction score
Very cool - don't see that many lefties here. It looks so dark, I thought it was oxblood. Thanks for sharing!
i didnt knew there s a finish called oxblood . Now i see you are right .Looking more carefully and googling the so called oxblood color i can say now that i am the owner of a norlin oxblood les paul custom!!!!
posting some new pics for the record
20200529_103148.jpg
20200529_103206.jpg
20200529_103239.jpg
20200529_103246.jpg

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
With oxblood it's very difficult to get it to photograph anything but black unless the sun is on it at the right angle.
If that last pic is accurate I'd say wine red......I have both colours and my WR is about the same as that.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score

KOSTAS11

Reaction score
Now I can tell that it's not black. Still looks lovely nonetheless.

One of Jeff Beck's Les Pauls was oxblood.

I call her " the old lady" cause it is the oldest guitar in my collection.
By the way did you saw the black custom edwards i posted in your thread ?

KOSTAS11

Reaction score
With oxblood it's very difficult to get it to photograph anything but black unless the sun is on it at the right angle.
If that last pic is accurate I'd say wine red......I have both colours and my WR is about the same as that.
I think the most accurare is the second photo from the second row of photos that i have posted. Most likely oxblood i think but i might be wrong anyway

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I think it rocks and or rolls beautiful dont see a lot of lefties! :cheers: :beer::slash:

KOSTAS11

Reaction score
Plays very well and sounds huge . Definately a keeper . Nut was replaced but i think i ll try my luck again . Bridge was replaced also with and abr-1 due to wear. Very happy with the new one .

Latest Threads