My Jauce Experience - Use at your own risk!

m5570

Reaction score
Any idea when EMS will resume? Now that there’s a vaccine?

Roxy13

Reaction score
My guess is not until our numbers here are a low enough level that other countries open their borders to us. Maybe summer?

Ton of Tone

Reaction score
If DHL is now forcing them to use those giant boxes to jack people then I'll be shipping SEA.
For the record, my guitar wasn't shipped in a giant box like zombie posted. The box was slightly larger than the guitar case, with a small amount of foam on the top and sides. Nothing at all on the bottom. I thought for sure it would be damaged. DHL is one of the most incompetent companies I have ever dealt with. Friday, I get a text and email that my package is out for delivery and will require a signature. At 7:00pm, I called their customer service line and asked the representative if they are sure it will arrive, as I can't sit around waiting for it any longer, if not. The representative told me "the drivers deliver until 9:00pm and it's 100% guaranteed to arrive today". Well, it never arrived and when I called to see what was going on, they were closed (for the entire weekend). An entire day wasted. Sunday morning, I receive another email and text, telling me my package will arrive today and will require a signature, even though DLH does not deliver on weekends in the USA. When we get home Sunday night, the box is sitting in the driveway. In the cold and in the dark. The package required a signature, yet it was left without one. I am amazed no one walked off with it. I don't see how they manage to stay in business like this.

Attachments

Roxy13

Reaction score
For the record, my guitar wasn't shipped in a giant box like zombie posted. The box was slightly larger than the guitar case, with a small amount of foam on the top and sides. Nothing at all on the bottom. I thought for sure it would be damaged. DHL is one of the most incompetent companies I have ever dealt with. Friday, I get a text and email that my package is out for delivery and will require a signature. At 7:00pm, I called their customer service line and asked the representative if they are sure it will arrive, as I can't sit around waiting for it any longer, if not. The representative told me "the drivers deliver until 9:00pm and it's 100% guaranteed to arrive today". Well, it never arrived and when I called to see what was going on, they were closed (for the entire weekend). An entire day wasted. Sunday morning, I receive another email and text, telling me my package will arrive today and will require a signature, even though DLH does not deliver on weekends in the USA. When we get home Sunday night, the box is sitting in the driveway. In the cold and in the dark. The package required a signature, yet it was left without one. I am amazed no one walked off with it. I don't see how they manage to stay in business like this.
They stopped requiring signatures because of the pandemic. Yeah, they did just leave all of mine on the porch. I had one arrive close to 7pm and by then I was expecting it was not going to be delivered, but then it did show up.

Now I didn't mind them being left because I was home. And after having Covid once and being sick for 6 weeks, I'd like to skip out on infection #2 if possible lol.

DHL isn't great though, I agree.

I'm surprised you didn't have padding on the bottom. So far I always have. One of the reasons I've used Jauce so much is their packing.

I'll update you guys on what they say the cost will be for what I have there. I'm waiting on some parts right now. I needed some 6mm truss rod nuts bad, and I can't source them here.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Cry...not. Only trying to be helpful. If you believe it to be acceptable to enter into a contract for a service and then have the terms changed after the fact, go ahead on. The alternatives to correct the breach of contract are irrelevant. Sure you can do this or you can do that. The point is: we should get the service chosen at the price offered when the purchase was made. Hopefully the posts detailing these events prevent it from happening to others.
Why you seem to have a problem with this baffles me.

I don't have a problem, there are disclaimers right on the front page about changes due to the pandemic. How anyone can't read baffles me. Blaming others for your own mistakes baffles me. You think its all Jauce's fault people cant read ?? Well we can agree to disagree. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money but i'm sure i'm not the only one who can see there is some user fault here.

Ton of Tone

Reaction score
They stopped requiring signatures because of the pandemic.

And after having Covid once and being sick for 6 weeks, I'd like to skip out on infection #2 if possible lol.

I'm surprised you didn't have padding on the bottom.
If they have stopped requiring a signature, it would be nice if they stopped telling customers that they do. I could have worked Friday and made some money, instead of sitting around losing money.

Sorry to hear you had it so rough with Covid. I had it back in July and was lucky. My only symptom was 3 days of chest and upper back pain. The 2nd day was debilitating. The 1st and 3rd were moderate.

I was very surprised at the lack of padding too. You can see the size of the box they used in the pic I posted. This was a classical guitar and the case is roughly twice as tall as an electric guitar case. If there ever was a time to use a giant box like they did for zombie, this would have been it.

Last edited:

zombywoof

Reaction score
I don't have a problem, there are disclaimers right on the front page about changes due to the pandemic. How anyone can't read baffles me. Blaming others for your own mistakes baffles me. You think its all Jauce's fault people cant read ?? Well we can agree to disagree. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money but i'm sure i'm not the only one who can see there is some user fault here.
I'm thinking everything you've posted is Jauce/EMS related. My experiences were with Buyee/DHL. DHL being the common with the price quote breakdown. I cosigned as the OP's story is much the same as mine. I thought that was known from previous posts. He experienced the same problem as I only with Jauce/DHL instead. As stated "I personally will not be using any intermediary that uses DHL in the future. " It seems as though we are disagreeing based on a different set of circumstances.

Roxy13

Reaction score
If they have stopped requiring a signature, it would be nice if they stopped telling customers that they do. I could have worked Friday and made some money, instead of sitting around losing money.

Sorry to hear you had it so rough with Covid. I had it back in July and was lucky. My only symtom was 3 days of chest and upper back pain. The 2nd day was debilitating. The 1st and 3rd were moderate.

I was very surprised at the lack of padding too. You can see the size of the box they used in the pic I posted. This was a classial guitar and the case is roughly twice as tall as an electric guitar case. If there ever was a time to use a giant box like they did for zombie, this would have been it.
It's not just DHL. I haven't had to sign for USPS, FedEx or UPS either when they have been things that normally I would have had to.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had to sign for anything, but I have had phone calls from drivers telling me of imminent deliveries.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I wish Jauce still used FedEx. But that was earlier in the Pandemic. And FedEx billed me for the Customs fees after I received the guitar.

Ton of Tone

Reaction score
I haven't had to sign for anything, but I have had phone calls from drivers telling me of imminent deliveries.
I'll give FedEx credit there. I had a couple deliveries recently, where the driver called me while he was standing at my front door. Once, while I was in the basement and the other while I was in the shop. I caught him both times, but never thought to ask what he would have done if I didn't answer. I'll remember to ask if it happens again.

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
Personally, I have no plans to ever use EMS again when FedEx is an option unless the cost difference is really significant. My experience indicates that there is more opportunity for something to go wrong while a guitar takes 3 - 5 days to get to me while being handled by EMS, US Customs and USPS personnel vs. 36 hours all in the care of FedEx.

I also haven't made any purchases directly from stores in Japan as I find most of them use DHL now that EMS is not an option. I'd rather pay the 10% Japanese tax and have it go through FJ where I can control the shipping a little better. I get most, if not all, of the tax back via shipping cost savings.

m5570

Reaction score
Haven’t had to sign.

I’ve only had one Customs issue with FE & it was the way Rinkya filled out the paperwork.

I also have no plans to use EMS if I don’t have to but Jauce has a couple guitars (& a pair of sunglasses) so I’m stuck there but I can wait.

Ton of Tone

Reaction score
In conclusion... Do I regret using Jauce? No. I feel I still ended up with a pretty good deal. Definitley better than I would have got if I found one on eBay or from a Reverb seller in the US. Will I use Jauce again? Maybe, but it will have to be a really special piece, that I just can't live without. I think the stress I went through with this sale prepared me for doing it again. You have to be patient and do your homework ahead of time. Their customer service is slow to respond, so don't wait until one day before an auction ends to ask questions about shipping, etc. Here's a quick pic of the old girl with her new backup singers...

Attachments

Last edited:

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
It sounds to me like many of the intermediary companies are price gouging on shipping on top of the gouging that the actual couriers are charging.

@currypowder, the prices that FedEx charge are significantly higher than EMS. But you are probably right about the service being better / faster.

I don't know about the US but in Australia, it seems highly random who will request signatures even before the pandemic. I have had guitars left outside at my front door and others that were not delivered because no one was home to sign. It seems totally random and can be a different experience with even the same courier.

currypowder

Reaction score
@currypowder, the prices that FedEx charge are significantly higher than EMS.
Well, that hasn't been my experience since EMS has gone offline. Seems that what I've been paying FedEx is in line with EMS pre-Covid. Maybe when EMS comes back online FedEx prices will increase.

m5570

Reaction score
Fed Ex is the same or slightly cheaper. No idea where you’re coming up with it’s more expensive, maybe that’s just Oz.

Latest Threads