My intro to CS - 60th Anniversary 59

questionman

Reaction score
Where have I been my whole life?........

Just a damn great guitar

And a damn expensive one but hey....whoever said money can't buy happiness?

This thing changes color depending what angle you look at it, the top just teases you all which ways, I have been told the neck and body carve on this particular one are matched off Carmelita. Neck is downright fantastic!!

Lets talk custombuckers -------- FFFFFFFFF************************************************************************************************************

Alright then

How about the top

Pretty cool aint it?!....

My one complaint.....and my only complaint.....pickups and plastics are too high. Probably wont ever change this, and eventually just start digging grooves into the covers because of the sheer epicness this thing oozes. ZZ to Purple to Dregs to Clark to Zeppelin to Straits with a simple vol/tone adjustment. I don't think I have had a guitar this versatile and responsive and I feel like I have only touched the surface of what this girl can do

Plus just looking at the darn thing makes me want to play

integra evan

Reaction score
Sweet! Looks a lot like the one I used to have. Outstanding guitars. Enjoy!

danzego

Reaction score
That’s a great looking guitar! Very nice. Is that a Cherry Teaburst? Can be hard to tell sometimes.

Socrates

Reaction score
Damn pretty...congrats!! Interesting you mentioned the higher plastics...I noticed this too on my new LPC...keep hitting the corner of the bridge pickup ring when strumming...working on adjusting my technique to avoid that....enjoy!!!

PauloQS

Reaction score
Do you know something that’s also amazing about these? It’s that if you like it this much now, it’s possible you’ll appreciate it considerably more in the future.

With my first reissue, I could hear and feel the difference when I first got it relative to my other LPs, but not nearly as much as I do now. Those tiny little details, like the shape of the frets and binding, add up and become blatantly obvious, especially over time.

questionman

Reaction score
That’s a great looking guitar! Very nice. Is that a Cherry Teaburst? Can be hard to tell sometimes.

This was called a "factory burst" so I guess yeah you could call it a Cherry Burst

That's awesome, what a sweet looking RI. Bet she growls! Enjoy and play the hell outta it

I am very impressed with the pickups/electronics in this one. I normally prefer pretty tame, low output pickups. These I guess are lower output but have a lot of bite and growl to them, extremely versatile I am finding. First song I played on this was Achillies Last Stand and was absolutely blown away by just how resonant and alive the woods are and these pickups eject that perfectly!

Damn pretty...congrats!! Interesting you mentioned the higher plastics...I noticed this too on my new LPC...keep hitting the corner of the bridge pickup ring when strumming...working on adjusting my technique to avoid that....enjoy!!!

I have been a little too lazy in wanting to change my technique because the other LPs I own have much lower plastics. I usually use heavy picks but I found switching to medium for this guitar is a good solution for the time being

Do you know something that’s also amazing about these? It’s that if you like it this much now, it’s possible you’ll appreciate it considerably more in the future.

With my first reissue, I could hear and feel the difference when I first got it relative to my other LPs, but not nearly as much as I do now. Those tiny little details, like the shape of the frets and binding, add up and become blatantly obvious, especially over time.

I will say, the frets are a but smaller than I prefer (6100+ on a LP) BUT I honestly dont notice a difference whatsoever when I pick it up. Very interested to see how they stand the test of time, I have a heavy fretting hand and wear through frets quicker than the average player. But the quality is top notch, I am a quality manager for a plastic modling company that makes supplies for surgical applications so I have an eye for detail and what can I say, its pretty much damn perfect, minus the few marks from playing and the one someone made from hanging it on a wall hanger

danzego

Reaction score
This was called a "factory burst" so I guess yeah you could call it a Cherry Burst
Interesting. Maybe the photos aren't showing the color properly or something. I've never seen a Factory Burst that looks like that. :hmm:

questionman

Reaction score
Interesting. Maybe the photos aren't showing the color properly or something. I've never seen a Factory Burst that looks like that. :hmm:
Could be. Burst is darker in person, and these were taken on a sunny day right next to my back glass door

Looks a lot like Pearly Gates-esqe shading

spoony

Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

That's a beauty for sure and would love to see the backside. I have one thing to say about the CBs in my LP, awesome.

s

dwk302

Reaction score
WOW! That is just absolutely beautiful!

Latest Threads