My holygrail multi-piece top Norlin Standard. Post yours!

Xrun Morzov

Reaction score
This is my holygrail LP, a factory Standard from the early 70's. Really outstanding instrument that tone-wise outshines reissues and fancy CSs. Original T-tops which I also love (bridge was changed to SD but I chased era-correct T-top to replace).

Persuaded my friend for several years so he sells it to me)) Recently I even bought it a special comfort Art&Historic case which I like most of all Gibson cases (original in storage).

The crazy thing that it has pancake body, 3-piece mahogany neck and FIVE-piece top)) Would love to see more multi-piece tops. Post your guitars with story behind them!

grumphh

Reaction score
Apparently we are not allowed to link to external images anymore, so here is a link to a pic of my '71 right after a good polishing:

Mine is not only routed but has also had a neck break, and the pickups put in it are actual 80's "dirty fingers" that someone must have thought rocked hard.
I am not to fond of them, but i have reduced the 500k pots to 333k with a 1M resistor in parallel and that softened their rather harsh top end a bit....

ICR

Reaction score
My 1976 Custom with Nickel hardware. Restoration was over ten years ago.
Note: I had it re-fretted with jumbo frets and new nibs, if you can see that in the picture.
Period-correct Dimarzio setup, PAF and Super Distortion.

In the case was a broken 5-ply black pickguard and a white poker chip. No way to know if either were originally on the guitar.
But the more I see these come up on ebay in original condition, I think this one should probably have black plastic.

finished1.jpg
Out of the box.jpg

Last edited:

ICR

Reaction score
For example, since I restored mine, this 1976 came up on ebay with black plastic. This might be what mine was originally.
custom cherry&chrome&black.jpg

Latest Threads