My Historic Makeover is done!!!

Linus

Reaction score
My Historic Makeover is done and I'm blown away by the results. It's so great. It started as a used '09 R9 I picked up at Mark's Guitar Loft. I did a road trip up there and played everyone he had. This one spoke to me and the fact that it was used (significantly cheaper) was an added bonus.

Here is the link to the pics of its makeover.

https://historicmakeovers.smugmug.com/Shipped-2016/Bauhs-991738/n-rS5GSC

It plays incredibly well and sounds fantastic.

The plastics were replaced with a combination of things: Poker chip and jack plate are DMC. Pickup rings are WIZZ aged. Pickguard is made and aged by Dave Johnson. Pickups are OX4. Harness is a Holy Grail (vintage bumble bees).
The tuners were replaced with correct klusons and the tuner keys are Uncle Lou's.

The bridge and tailpiece studs were replaced as well.

I went for a faded cherry burst with moderate aging. I asked for them to match the neck shape to the vintage burst they measured. It feels fantastic.

I LOVE it.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
that came out very nice!

Congrats and welcome to the club! :)

MT Buckaroo

Reaction score
Beautimus! I'm holding my HM R8 that I just got back a few weeks ago in the same faded cherry and have to say you have excellent taste, my good sir. Well done on all the parts, too.

Sampler

Reaction score
Love. It. Dig the color and aging on that one and the inlays look incredible. They have my 2013 R9 right now and if it looks anything like yours I'll be a very happy guy. Congrats!

David Mccarroll

Reaction score
Love the before and afters - HM Les Pauls just knock the CS ones out of the race - feel like a completely different instrument altogether. Excellent stuff! Enjoy!

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hell yes! That looks fantastic. What a transformation. :wow::wow::wow:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nicely done, as always. I like that color! Congrats!

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
My Historic Makeover is done and I'm blown away by the results. It's so great. It started as a used '09 R9 I picked up at Mark's Guitar Loft. I did a road trip up there and played everyone he had. This one spoke to me and the fact that it was used (significantly cheaper) was an added bonus.

Here is the link to the pics of its makeover.

https://historicmakeovers.smugmug.com/Shipped-2016/Bauhs-991738/n-rS5GSC

It plays incredibly well and sounds fantastic.

The plastics were replaced with a combination of things: Poker chip and jack plate are DMC. Pickup rings are WIZZ aged. Pickguard is made and aged by Dave Johnson. Pickups are OX4. Harness is a Holy Grail (vintage bumble bees).
The tuners were replaced with correct klusons and the tuner keys are Uncle Lou's.

The bridge and tailpiece studs were replaced as well.

I went for a faded cherry burst with moderate aging. I asked for them to match the neck shape to the vintage burst they measured. It feels fantastic.

I LOVE it.

:wow::wow: :dude:

Amazing look, HM did it again, what a great work of art!

You new LP looks perfect but the only thing IMO thats just not there yet are the HB covers, the shape is not correct, that will give it the final touch of vintageness perfection!!! :thumb:

Enjoy your new vintage LP! :dude:

BDW60

Reaction score
I think that's the best looking HM I've seen posted. Gorgeous. If ever send one in, that's the ticket right there. Congrats.

RAG7890

Reaction score
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif

i-84QTNkg-X2.jpg

Nice HM. :wow: :wow: :thumb: :applause:

:cheers2:

Falconbill

Reaction score
Great looking LP. Looks a lot like the faded cherry they did for me last summer. I love their 50s neck shape too. Congrats! :thumb:

Latest Threads