My GAS is getting out of hand

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Closet! My music room has a closet with a sliding door. It's the guestroom closet. That made it easy to decide everything that was in it was trash and could go away. Cases all lined up nice and neat, easy access. Close the door and it's like it never happened. She knows they're in there, but out of sight, out of mind contributes to a more peaceful existence.

Steven

Reaction score
My living room floor has guitar cases packed to the couches along with a Steinway Baby Grand piano and Hammond organ Leslie set-up. The Leslie is in the dining room. my bedroom closet is packed with guitars. My living room wall has guitars hanging from guitar hooks on the wall. Scattered around this one bedroom condo, I have guitar stands and guitars taking up all available floor space. Am I done buying guitars ? Hell no :)

gadafi

Reaction score
My last gas attack mid year was only a minor episode that resulted in half a dozen new pedals I played around with maybe 3 or 4 times and haven't touched since....

I started feeling a serious attack coming on just yesterday checking out some Collings City Limits on Reverb.... I fought it off by jumping off the wagon and taking up smoking again. Seems to be holding the gas bogies at bay for now.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My income for next year will be about 1/3 of what it used to be, so that will ease the GAS somewhat. I'll still look, and possibly trade up, but I won't likely be increasing the size of the collection.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was rummaging through my Summer Home, AKA "My GAS station" and I found this in a gig bag. I bought it years ago. I was a member of the JCF and they couldn't ID it. I just did a web search and I found it. This isn't mine but it's just like mine.
1636740116760.png

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some will know I've been GASing for an SG for awhile now. I've managed to kill it stone dead by telling myself "you can have one as soon as you can play as well as @CerebralGasket can play his". Not happening anytime soon.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
I was rummaging through my Summer Home, AKA "My GAS station" and I found this in a gig bag. I bought it years ago. I was a member of the JCF and they couldn't ID it. I just did a web search and I found it. This isn't mine but it's just like mine. View attachment 571486
Is totally okay that!

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Well…GAS struck again! I did some trading and this week now looks to be a PRS x2 week. Let’s hope UPS and FedEx treat me well…please! That brings my rookie count up to 9. Now to assemble that StringSwing rack!

fugazi20

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well…GAS struck again! I did some trading and this week now looks to be a PRS x2 week. Let’s hope UPS and FedEx treat me well…please! That brings my rookie count up to 9. Now to assemble that StringSwing rack!
Oh boy, know that feeling too well! :laugh2:
Hope they arrive safely. Out of curiosity, what is incoming?

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Oh boy, know that feeling too well! :laugh2:
Hope they arrive safely. Out of curiosity, what is incoming?
A “players grade” 2006 Custom 22 Trem 10 top and a 2020 Silver Sky Maple Board (don’t throw tomatoes at me for this one!)

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
My living room floor has guitar cases packed to the couches along with a Steinway Baby Grand piano and Hammond organ Leslie set-up. The Leslie is in the dining room. my bedroom closet is packed with guitars. My living room wall has guitars hanging from guitar hooks on the wall. Scattered around this one bedroom condo, I have guitar stands and guitars taking up all available floor space. Am I done buying guitars ? Hell no :)

And you're single, right?

fugazi20

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A “players grade” 2006 Custom 22 Trem 10 top and a 2020 Silver Sky Maple Board (don’t throw tomatoes at me for this one!)
None thrown! :laugh2: Pretty nice! I've never tried out a Silver Sky but was always wondering how they felt. I kind of have some gas for a Paul's Guitar SE myself. But too many things on the list at the moment.

smk506

Reaction score
I’m going through a gas phase lately here myself. 4 guitars imported from Japan in the last 6 weeks, I rebuilt an old sg yesterday that’s been in pieces for the last bunch of years… Sold some stuff a little while ago and just having some fun with the proceeds I guess.

That old SG I fixed up has been slated for the chopping block for years now, but now that it’s up and running I’m not so sure.

questionman

Reaction score
I live in a 1100 sq ft condo, I have 19 currently (I think)

You’ll find space. I only had to sacrifice my bedroom closet for some cases

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was living in a 500 sq ft apartment with 18 guitars and 17 amps. The guitars are in the bedroom where I'm living now, and one amp, a DSL1HR and a Marshall 1974CX 112. All the other amps are in storage. No more guitars and amps until I'm in a permanent place with room to stack the amps and hang the guitars up. Probably.

Latest Threads