My First R8

Frozen Rat

Reaction score
First off, excellent choice. Second, anything after 2013 has more "refinements," but don't throw around good wood or good year too much, as that will get you some frowns. With good cause for the most part, but with the later year models you do get some things they didn't do on prior year models (aniline dyes are back on some models, hide glue in the neck joint, truss-rod change, and best of all, custom bucker pickups). I have a 2016 R8 as well. Fantastic example it is too.

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
First off, excellent choice. Second, anything after 2013 has more "refinements," but don't throw around good wood or good year too much, as that will get you some frowns. With good cause for the most part, but with the later year models you do get some things they didn't do on prior year models (aniline dyes are back on some models, hide glue in the neck joint, truss-rod change, and best of all, custom bucker pickups). I have a 2016 R8 as well. Fantastic example it is too.

Thank you , yes thats why i made the post, since the late 90”s i wanted soo bad a Custom shop les paul,my 1995 wine red studio, was amazing, i could drop the strings to the frets if i wanted and it didnt choke out,my 2016 Standard is a beauty too, but this now, is a dream come true.Yes i did notice that they changed things and made mistakes during different years, like using a “short” neck tennin on a 2015 R9?? If i read correctley, and stopped using the aniline dye? And that made me Freak out, i was lucky and soo happy to find out that on my 2016 R8 they went back to the Long neck tennon and the Aniline dye.I would have cancelled the sale right there

PierM

Reaction score
Yes i did notice that they changed things and made mistakes during different years, like using a “short” neck tennin on a 2015 R9?? If i read correctley, and stopped using the aniline dye? And that made me Freak out, i was lucky and soo happy to find out that on my 2016 R8 they went back to the Long neck tennon and the Aniline dye.I would have cancelled the sale right there
Reissues (R0-R8) are long tenon since 1993. The 2015 you are referring it wasn’t a Reissue but a CS stamped model. 2015 Reissues/Historics were all long tenon and using aniline dye filler.

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
Reissues (R0-R8) are long tenon since 1993. The 2015 you are referring it wasn’t a Reissue but a CS stamped model. 2015 Reissues/Historics were all long tenon and using aniline dye filler.

Oh,thank you for that nice, to learn

Latest Threads