My first post, not my first Gibson though

felipevsw

Reaction score
Greetings from Brazil!
Today I bought my second Gibson Les Paul and want to share the happiness with you all!
My first one was a brand new 2013 Tribute 60s that I had to sell a year later unfortunately. I had to part with my Gibson, but Gibson never parted from me! I had to have one again!
Today I finally got another one, and this one is killer! An all black 1999 Gibson Les Paul Studio with dot inlays (rosewood fingerboard from what I can tell)!
It was upgraded with CTS pots and Burstbucker Pro pups from an R9, I couldn't let it go.
The market here in Brazil is awful for the buyer and the price has gone through the roof because the BRL lost its value in relation to USD, and to give you some $$$ perspective, when I bought my Tribute in 2013 brand new I paid 4,600 BRL, and now a brand new Tribute is around 15,000 BRL, 3x more... A brand new 2020 Epiphone Standard 50s/60s is around 7,000 BRL....
This Studio I paid 4,900 BRL, and considering the year, the pots and pups upgrades I think I got a good deal!
I am very happy with it! It screams like a beast and super fun to play!

Attachments

mudface

Boo Bee
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MLP...... nice Studio Dot LP..... enjoy in good health and stay safe amigo...:cheers:

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MLP. Best damn forum on the planet.

Knoby

Reaction score
Congratulations. It's great to read happy posts like this. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

Kaicho8888

Reaction score
Nice and congrats! Black color has better tone and plays like butter!
:applause::hmm:;)

Latest Threads