My first Les Paul 2019 Honeybust Tribute

Roagger

Reaction score
I've had my Tribute for a few months now, it definitely has a vibe and feel my wannabe doesn't have. The rosewood fretboard seems light and dry. Should I treat the board, or just wait untill I give it a good cleaning after 5 or 6 months

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Sustainium

Reaction score
Congrats on getting your first LP! I just lube the fretboard when changing strings unless it really needs it when first getting the guitar. Enjoy that burst!

Last edited:

pondcaster

Reaction score
@musicmaniac beat me to it! Pics!

Had '17 Tribute in honeyburst but just passed along to my brother to keep in the family when I got my new 60s standard. Love that Tribute, a total rock and roll machine. And light...! Nobody that has picked up and played hasn't been thoroughly impressed.

Bought new at GC (actually traded two Epi's and $$), it always has had a "thirsty" fretboard? I usually lightly mineral oil it twice a year-ish.

moreles

Reaction score
The rosewood fretboard seems light and dry.
There's a difference between "seems" and "is." A lot of players overdo the conditioning in an effort to change the color of the board, and while you can usually get away with it, it's not ideal. If the board is truly dry, and even with oily rosewood that happens, then I'd go ahead and condition it. If it's just light, then you can decide if you want to go for the oil-saturation darkening method or not. People here will kick me for saying this, but to darken a really light board, I rub in some stain, wipe it thoroughly, and then condition the board. Personally, I dislike super-oily boards as much as dry ones.

Robmosis

Reaction score
I've had my Tribute for a few months now, it definitely has a vibe and feel my wannabe doesn't have. The rosewood fretboard seems light and dry. Should I treat the board, or just wait untill I give it a good cleaning after 5 or 6 months
I started using this stuff about a year ago after searching and reading way too much on the subject. It works, but I can’t really say it’s better than anything else. Gerlitz guitar honey.
B3DA0E0C-9D7F-4DC5-93A7-4E44CD7F3681.jpeg
B3DA0E0C-9D7F-4DC5-93A7-4E44CD7F3681.jpeg

Latest Threads