My first BURST to start 2021

BSeneca

Reaction score
WOW!! Congrats my friend, Dream guitar for all of us for sure. But to have TWO! You are a lucky man. I am gonna feel like I am slumming it when I post my new to me HEAVILY modified 55 Juinor! lol. So happy for you to have achieved your dream. Play loud, Play with passion, Play often, Enjoy, Brian

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
So the real qustion is should/can I give it a burst name? Or sould it ever be known as the Conti Burst?
It is your guitar now. Do what you want. If it were mine, I would give it a new name. But Conti will always be associated to it. Do our members have any suggestions??

Truth011

Reaction score
Ben, I read somewhere that it was re necked in the 70's with a NOS 50's neck. If that is the case do you know the dimensions and how does it feel compared to your new 57?

Last edited:

abracadaben

Reaction score
It’s very similar. Just a tiny thicker. But the 57 was probably reneck with a transition neck. It’s on the thinner 59/early 60 specs of what I’ve seen in BoB measures.

Truth011

Reaction score
Sounds like a player! Looking forward to your impressions.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, the Sexy Hexy Burst. I remember the debates over this guitar. Very educational to me and others, with some great detective work especially by Eric.

Congrats, Ben. You must be so psyched.

abracadaben

Reaction score
thanks. I am really psyched. I wasnt planning nor dreaming to get a 59. but then everything came kind of together. With every stories you hear I was very skeptical on buying a vintage piece like that. I actually got the 57 because I knew it went through Eric's hands lol. And then bam! It happened again.

Im so loving it. Its got every bit I would have thought a real 59 would be....

Latest Threads