My first born got documented Clubman - Lester (Les Paul reborn inspired guitar)

pleximaster

Reaction score
I have a rather big Marshall collection and got to know the YouTube phenomena Johan S. He has done the most thorough demo sessions of Marshall amps and speakers on the internet.

A few years back I started to make special one of amps under the name Clubman for me and some friends. Just to test my favorite parameters and vintage parts but in a more user-friendly format for today. 15-30 watt amps and 2x12 (Instead of 200 watt Marshall Majors and two 4x12) I dont sell or promote the amps its just for the ever ongoing "chasing of the ultimate tone" and testing crazy ideas. I love however having discussions with others about tone and gear and what influance that.

Then a year or so I started to make my for guitar and Johan got interested in this. I had taken pictures of the process making the guitar and he made it into a Video and a long interview with me. It was really fun!

Today I have made 8 guitars one bass and two on the way. Two of those guitars for close friend. I am also working on a violin for one of my sisters daughters.

I'd love to hear from you guys about your thoughts about tone and playability

PS. YES when I came to visit Johan it turned out we were dressed the same in jeans T-shirt and caps
:)

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice.

You have a definite talent going on.

Do you now consider me a friend? Let me know when to expect my Clubman ! :rofl::rofl:

pleximaster

Reaction score
Thanks for your appreciative words! :)

If you are interested I describe my projects here on Facebook "Clubman amps & Guitars". it is not a promotion och commercial site as I dont sell these. I am doing this as may personal "therapy" :) and love to discuss gutars and amps and how you fine the perfect tone for yourself. Johan have tried out some of my Clubman amps too.

Clubman Amps & Guitars | Facebook

Pleximaster - the tone seeker... This is a non commercial group page for discussion of the amps and guitar I "pleximaster build. My motivation för these builds are to seek out the ultimate tone...
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

redking

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Your friend Johan is one of my favorites on Youtube! Looking forward to checking out the video about your guitar build. Let's go! :cool:

Last edited:

pullshocks

Reaction score
Godt gjort. Guitars look great, and the amps are some of the most densely packed parts layouts I have ever seen. Truly amazing.

I had to chuckle at the name you have adopted for your instruments and amps. My first electric guitar was a Clubman, a budget guitar made by Vox in the early 60's. It was terrible. But hey, I was 15, it said Vox on the peghead, and I was thrilled....I traded it in on something equally obscure, a Kappa 12 string electric. I heard that the subsequent owner of the Clubman cut it up on stage with a power saw.

Latest Threads