My favorite Les Paul-Player is . . .

WHO is your favorite LES PAUL-player???

• Total voters

sonicsamurai

Reaction score
Hi there,

I would have to go for Paul Kossoff as my favourite. Also getting into Peter Green lately as well. Always liked Joe Perry's rythm playing (not so much his lead) and always got a soft spot for Billy Gibbons. Zakk Wylde's early Ozzy stuff is pretty cool too.

Alex

EDIT: Seeing the above post - i would definately have John Sykes in there - the first Blue Murder album is great as is 1987!

58_Iced_Tea

Reaction score
Wow, tough one. Several of my favorites can be seen from time to time picking on a Paulie. If we're talking about people KNOWN for their Lester it would have to be Jimmy Page, hands down for me...

Les Paul.
The guy was pretty amazing. It's so Ironic to me how the playing ability of the namesake of this guitar is so often overlooked. I'd even wager there is a rather large number of LP owners who've never heard the man play... Heck, I'm only 33 and I love to pull up a clip on youtube of the show with Mary Ford and watch from time to time.

tmb1958

Reaction score
moving past the obvious choices that gary richrath from reo speedwagon was no slouch.

Robert Parker

Reaction score
In high school I would have said Slash

In college I would have said Joe Perry

Today, probably Duane Allman, Warren Haynes, and the like.

As much as I like some specific players, for me it's more about the albums and the songs, and the type of sound on each. If it's done with an LP, then that just makes it better.

dazzypig

Reaction score
The guy was pretty amazing. It's so Ironic to me how the playing ability of the namesake of this guitar is so often overlooked. I'd even wager there is a rather large number of LP owners who've never heard the man play... Heck, I'm only 33 and I love to pull up a clip on youtube of the show with Mary Ford and watch from time to time.
Not overlooked, or under-appreciated. He did a huge amount for music in general and his chops were to die for. Just not my favorite Les Paul player.

indeedido

Reaction score
I have two: Jimmy Page and Ace Frehley. If I had to choose only one, Jimmy Page.

"If I could play guitar I'd be Jimmy Page. The girls I like are all under age." Beasty Boys

daddyo

Reaction score
Mick Taylor

I'd vote for Duane or Dickie as second only because I feel that Dickie and Duane as a team were greater than the sum of their parts. So Duane Betts would be a tie with Mick.

sted

Reaction score
Moore. bonamassa...or page.....or maybe clapton....oh and greeny.

imma gonna shut up now!

Latest Threads