My family vent thread

kmk108

Reaction score
You realize he's venting, right? People in need can still piss off the person helping (In my experience, it happens often). Family members are especially good at this. I think that's a good attempt at trying to leave the drama out of his family. :rolleyes:

Otherwise he might explode at them all over a bowl of cereal or something else minor like that and come off looking like a selfish psycho to his family.

Actually, I almost did explode at them over scrambled eggs....but then again, she left the eggs on while she went upstairs and it exploded...

Smoke

Banned
Reaction score
You got my sympathy.......a little.........try living in a 20 foot travel trailer with 2 other guys and one of them owns the trailer and it is not you....and your broke....and the owner dude drinks vodka all day long ............

Now go crank up the Blueblood Monkey Project !!

zplapplap

Reaction score
Dude: you suck

Your sister is probably going through the worst time- having her child suffer through chemo, and you're bitching about helping out by picking up a kid at school 2x a week? As you live rent free, awarded a free car- and you can't happily offer help to other family memebrs who clearly need your help? I'm sure your sister is no picnic, but the self centered entitlement is oozing from you. Leave your petty concerns and drama out of your family, they have better things to do then make sure your comfortable

You're posting as if you reside in his home. :laugh2:

kmk gave us the heads-up that he was venting. Can someone do that anymore without their concerns being dismissed as petty or being called self-centered and entitled?

I think the respose is somewhat out of line, but kmk put his business out there so I guess he has to take it.

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Scare the kid somehow. I had a nephew just like that, would never leave me alone, and I'd never fight back for fear of hurting him. One day he wouldn't quit, and he knew I was getting annoyed. So I pushed him across the room and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and told him to stop or It'd be his neck I was holding next time. I'd never actually do that, but some kids just need to be scared. He didn't speak to me for a month or so, but it sure cured the problem. He was 14 at the time so old enough for that particular lesson I think. I was 17. I mentioned to my sister before hand that I was getting pissed with it and would retaliate the next time.

(Yeah I know, young uncle. I'm 19 and my sisters 36. I have 3 nephews and 1 niece, or, 4 pains in the ass. :D)

Anyways, make sure your sisters cool with it if you do what I did.

1+
I never hit my boys... I never had to.
I gained the upper hand and maintained it, My Scottish Granddad, who raised me, did the same.
I'll never forget, one day I was being a pain in the ass. He picked me up by the collar and held me nose to nose and quietly said... "If you keep this up, I'll hurt you"
That was that...

redcoats1976

Reaction score
Chain the dude to a radiator.......oh ....get him an electric guitar or toy like the fire x to play with.

get him the 3/4 scale epi lespaul kit and start teaching him stuff.if that doesnt work stuff him in the laundry hamper when he messes with you.

kmk108

Reaction score
I picked him up from school today. We went to the grocery store and saw my ex-girlfriend (she's still my friend) that he loves. I took him with me to get my car washed and he loved going through the wash. Then we played a game of Fifa. Today is one of those days I was talking about where it's nice to be around him. No hitting, no talking back. In the words of Ice Cube, "I gotta say. Today was a good day" :laugh2:

PapaSquash

Reaction score
Excellent. Reinforce the good, remind him that you like days like this. When you matter to him you can influence his character.

Reaction score
Your Soundclick is some good stuff. I plsyed two of your Blueblood Monkey Project songs and on the second one.......I would like to hear it louder in my big block Corvette on the interstate.........
Awesome! Thanks for the kind words...if I ever find a drummer in the East side of Phoenix we'll be ready to roll for a live show- right now just studio tracks from last Spring, more to follow

Reaction score
I picked him up from school today. We went to the grocery store and saw my ex-girlfriend (she's still my friend) that he loves. I took him with me to get my car washed and he loved going through the wash. Then we played a game of Fifa. Today is one of those days I was talking about where it's nice to be around him. No hitting, no talking back. In the words of Ice Cube, "I gotta say. Today was a good day" :laugh2:

Nice work! Keep in mind this 5 year old is trying to understand this whole mess, so well done keeping him happy :applause:

Reaction score
You're posting as if you reside in his home. :laugh2:

I think the respose is somewhat out of line, but kmk put his business out there so I guess he has to take it.

Yea, looking back I agree, I could have displayed more sensitivity--something in this story got under my skin and I may have vented a bit myself

mdubya

Reaction score
I was going to suggest this:

duct-tape-to-wall.jpg

But it sounds like you may have figured something out.

kmk108

Reaction score
Literally minutes after I posted my most recent post here, a shit storm of epic proportions decided to visit my house. The details are too personal to say here, but today was the perfect example of why I do things for my nephew. Otherwise, he'd be one of those kids that locks himself away because of what's going on around him.

twinrider1

Reaction score

Excellent. Reinforce the good, remind him that you like days like this. When you matter to him you can influence his character.

Yes. He's 5, you can talk to him. PapaSquash gives good advice. And when he is all wound up, take him to a park. First, being confined in a car seat for the ride there will settle him down. And then he can burn off that energy at the park.

I understand being frustrated when he's wild. And I bet the real root of that frustration is the mom, not the kid....thinking SHE should be there getting the jumping and the back talk. Just have to catch yourself and remind yourself to not go down that hole. Confront her on her behavior, but do it away from the boy.

EDIT: Ok, just read your last post. It is great that you are there for him and that you see he's not a bad kid. You can be a great influence in his growth. It sounds like he needs a good example.
Just make sure he knows he is loved. And that you are always ready to listen any time he wants to talk.

Latest Threads