My Epiphone LP is better than my Gibson LP

callmeval

Reaction score
If you've always wanted a Gibson but are smart enough to buy Epiphone's instead you're in luck because chances are you have a better guitar

My Epiphone Classic 2020 is better than the Gibson it's based on, which I also own.

When ordinary people see my Epiphone & my Gibson side by side they all assume that the Epiphone is the more expensive guitar each time

Unlike the Gibson:

It has a nicer top & prettier inlays
It has a better, more reliable & stable truss rod (which isn't covered in gunk, like most Gibson truss rod's are)
It has no weight relief
It has better construction, yes you read that right
It has a better & more vibrant finish, which isn't destined to deteriorate within a year
It has better string action & playability
It stays in tune

The moment I upgraded my Epiphone with a custom wiring harness & Gibson pickups it destroyed its so called "better made" counterpart

Epiphone guitars are awesome.

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
i also have a 2020 classic that i swapped out stock pups for seymour duncan .put a set of grover locking tuners and a tone pro bridge system. i couldnt get over the way the guitar looks and plays. not going to say it's beter than a gibson classic but i will say it's my favorite LP i've owned in a long time. i would deff buy another one if the chance of getting one at a great price came along,

Attachments

donthewatcher

Reaction score
YES AS The Great Les Paul Said to me in 1989 at a interview at his hollywood Star on vine. " Epiphones are mighty Fine Guitars" i was blown away when he said it. so...........
guitars an louiv v sweat 015.jpg

guitaroholic

Reaction score
pretty sure them frets needed a polish out of the box...
... my Epi 335 sounds and feels great too, but had to overcome some issues (mainly frets and setup), and is still left with some that are minor but noticeable and not fixable without a refinish...

LP1865

Reaction score
It has a nicer top & prettier inlays
Each guitar has different tops.
And everyone has a preference.
It has no weight relief
What if someone wants weight relief?
It has better construction, yes you read that right
Do explain
It has a better & more vibrant finish, which isn't destined to deteriorate within a year
Yeah, what if someone likes how nitro ages. Poly will not age.
The closest you'll come to ageing are weird dents that don't look good at all. I speak from experience
It has better string action & playability
Again, this varies from player to player. Your action may be low, but to me it may be high.
Playability can be altered and improved by anyone who knows what they're doing
It stays in tune
Something's wrong with your Gibson then

rbraad68

Reaction score
i don't doubt he likes his epi better than his gibson. i know my 2020 classic plays and feels better than some gibsons ive owned. i think the epi classic is an under rated model and for the price you can't go wrong with the classic.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i have a couple of good lower end gibbies.my 2020 epi special is pretty much on an equal level with them as far as playability and construction and i do like the poly finish,it will be shiny when im dead.

rbraad68

Reaction score
i have a couple of good lower end gibbies.my 2020 epi special is pretty much on an equal level with them as far as playability and construction and i do like the poly finish,it will be shiny when im dead.

lol it will be shiny when it gets dug up as an artifact 300 yrs from now!!!!!

***edit***

i will say this about the poly finish.. my two blk epi's are damm near impossible to keep clean ! i steel whooled the back of the clssics neck to knock some of it off.. my TV yellow one doesnt seem to be as thick as the poly on the two 2020 black ones i have. my 2007 cream custom and my 2016 pelham blue standard arent nearly as bad as the two 2020's polly wise..

Last edited:

Latest Threads