My Dream Gear ~come true?

TinyTerror

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNuaLx43lTY]Gibson Vs Epiphone - AKA Slash for under £1000 - YouTube[/ame]

hes playing through a marshall haze and the gibson sounds very good through it :)

Montrose

Reaction score
Belo,

To me, Slash sounds very generic Gibson through Marshall tone. Money seems to be an issue for you, so is obtaining a Gibson guitar and Marshall amp. Remember, Slash's #1 is a copy :cool:

Get an Epiphone les paul in your favorite color. This will provide you with the guitar tone you need, which is just humbuckers.

Get Peavey VTM-60 for your amp. This amp IS the JCM 800 circuit, with a master volume, which will be perfect for your home. I know because I own one, and it has been a great backup amp. :thumb:

With these, you should be in the ball park for the Slash tone. Just remember, you don't need to sound 100% on. Most of the tone you hear is in the player's fingers anyway. I won't ever nail the early 70's Rolling Stones tones. Why? Because I'm not Keith Richards.

Your band will only earn respect from playing great music, and providing a great live show. A Gibson guitar won't do that for you. If you lack the skill and talent, guess what? Your a poser. Just look at the Jonas Brothers. They have Gibsons, but do they rock? HELL NO :eek:

Good luck buddy, I hope you can locate these things in Poland!

Belo

Reaction score
Hi Montrose, thanks for ur help bro.The peavey vtm-60 is going to be hard to find...
I think ill stick to the marshall haze 40 its cool lamp amp, pretty good for rock. I played fender mustang 2 before so I think the diffrence between mustang and haze is going to be HUGE, i am right?
I still have my old Epi les paul custom maybe ur right...maybe ill just change the pickups in it for alnicos ^^ ehh picking up a new gear is hardest decision ever :(

My Les Paul Classifieds