My Dream Gear ~come true?

Belo

Reaction score
Hey!
First of all I want to say that I played 2 years with my epi custom and Fender Mustang 2. I sold it yesterday.
Now I want to have more professional gear I decided to buy a Gibson les paul studio.I think its a good guitar cuz its a Gibson so I will get closer to my idiol tone "Slash".
I readed "Before you buy your 1st Les Paul" and I am confused cuz I wanted to buy the popular Gibson LP Studio from thoman store.
I dont have any BIG music shop in my city, and I dont think that there's Gibson dealer in Poland.
So my question is, can you guys help me get the dream guitar and dream amp that fits to the guitar perfect?

Budget ~ 3000 zł for guitar so I think its $1100 - 1200
and 2000 zł for AMP so I think its like $700

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Perhaps you can buy second hand? Buy from german Ebay, or Ebay in poland?
Les Paul studios are good guitars, but from thoman you pay the full price. It is better to play the guitar first before you buy it. If thats not possible, then buy from thomann.

Do you play in a band? If you dont, you should look for something like a 15 watt tube amp.

Belo

Reaction score
Yeah I though about ebay or allegro ( polish ebay ) but I need help from someone to find me a good one in ebay or allegro...
Nah I dont play in band, only house atm so I dont want to piss off my neighbor.
And yeah I think that Gibson studio is the best pick for that price for me.

JakeM

Reaction score
I buy from thomann all the time, amazing place with great shipping and customer service. With your budget I would personally go for one of the new Gibson les paul studio tributes with ether the humbuckers or P90 pickups. A mate of mine has the goldtop and it plays great and only cost 700EURO. That would leave you with a little bit extra to buy a very nice low wattage amp for home use with some nice speakers and some really high-end cables too. Here is a link to some things I think would be great and suit your budget.

Amplifier under 2000zloty;

HAYDEN MINI MOFO 15W COMBO - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

MARSHALL CLASS 5-01 - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

VHT AV-SP-6H SPECIAL 6 ALL-VALVE - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

JET CITY AMPLIFICATION 20H - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

HARLEY BENTON G212 VINTAGE - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

Guitars under 3000zloty;

GIBSON LES PAUL JUNIOR 1958 SWH - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

GIBSON LP STUDIO 60`S TRIBUTE WHCSB - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

GIBSON LP STUDIO 60`S TRIBUTE WGT - Thomann Irish Cyberstore

Please take some time to go through those links. There is some really noce gear there that fits into your budget nicely. If you want some more help just send me a message or PM and I can help you out in a bit more detail.

Good luck

Jake

Belo

Reaction score
Thanks for answer Jake.
These Gibsons tribute have weird pickup slots...and they sound diffrent than the normal gibson studio I think the normals have better sound but the goldtop looks killaz <3
And yeah Hayden Mini Mofo is the amp that much ppl recommanded for me so i guess hayden is the best proposition.or maybe marshall will fit better to that guitar type?

JakeM

Reaction score
Thanks for answer Jake.
These Gibsons tribute have weird pickup slots...and they sound diffrent than the normal gibson studio I think the normals have better sound but the goldtop looks killaz <3
And yeah Hayden Mini Mofo is the amp that much ppl recommanded for me so i guess hayden is the best proposition.or maybe marshall will fit better to that guitar type?
Those pickups are called P90's. They have a really definitive sound to them. Kind of like a mellow humbucker (regular) pickups but can get really cool sounding. Just do some more research and you will be fine, try looking them up on youtube. What kind of music style do you play?? The Hayden mini mofo is a cool little amp and is able to go down to 2 watts so it will be perfect for the house. I recommend that you go with a gibson anyway. I wish I saved a bit more money to buy a gibson but settled for an epiphone.

Good luck
Jake

Belo

Reaction score
I play MOSTLY Guns N roses songs like double talkin jive, nightrain, rocket queen etc... and MUCH metallica tracks.
I am not sure with the p90 humbuckers :S *confused*

505Stallion

Reaction score
I know Slash doesn't use reverb, at least he didn't back in the day so you don't need to worry about that feature on your amp, and definitely go tube if you can. He also used Alnico II pups before Duncan made his signature version so if your LP has those magnets, you're one step closer!

Belo

Reaction score
Ok so Thoman is a good place where I can buy Gibson?

Belo

Reaction score
So the best option for me would me a mini mofo 15w and Gibson les Paul studio ?

Hebbamundo

Reaction score
Personally, I'd save a bit longer and buy a Traditional. In terms of "Slash", a traditional would be your best bet, as all his USA sig. guitars have the same weight relieving system, caps and wiring... Only thing left to do would be to buy a pair of Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pros (the pickups he uses), and you'll basically have the equivalent of a Slash sig. Les Paul.

Belo

Reaction score
Yep I guess ill safe some money for real Gibson.I am gona get one in 2-3 months.
But the problem is which one... there are Traditionals, plus,pro, Standard,plus,pro etc... eh so many and I cant even see which one looks best cuz no shop in my country ;X help?

Latearrival

Reaction score
I know Slash doesn't use reverb, at least he didn't back in the day so you don't need to worry about that feature on your amp, and definitely go tube if you can. He also used Alnico II pups before Duncan made his signature version so if your LP has those magnets, you're one step closer!

I disagree! even if Slash didn't use reverb in his live set-up, I'm sure a little would be added to the mix on GnR recordings!

Amps sound crap without reverb in my opinion, particularly in small practice places (like at home!) in a large venue it probably doesn't matter as much, although I still use a little - gives it a professional edge!

I believe the Classic 57 pick-ups in the LP Trad + use the Alnico II magnets, if that is the sound the OP is after. Either way, that's what I hacve in my Trad, and these pick-ups sound perfect to me! - verything a good LP Humbucker should be!

Belo

Reaction score
I felt in love with the slash signature vs gibson with fishman powerbridge but its too expensive -.-

Belo

Reaction score
By the way...Which one would be better option? Vox AC15 or mini mofo 15 + column?

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Les Paul studio's are great guitars. The older Les Paul studios have the same construction as the les paul traditional. They are the same guitar only they look different.

You look on ebay, and when you find a nice one post the link here and we will tell you if the guitar is any good.

If you spend € 700 on a guitar, how much do you have left for an amp?

Belo

Reaction score
over 700 euro for amp but I will get the Gibson traditional not the studio...and then i will have like 700 maybe abit more for amp :) Btw the amp not for home only...I will play a show at school talent show so... :)

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
How much € are you looking to spend on that traditional? There are some brand new traditionals selling for around €1300 here in the Netherlands.

My Les Paul Classifieds