My Classics. Please post yours!

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sold it to get a Custom Shop LP. That Classic was an awesome guitar though.
I can tell you IME, if it still had those stock pickups in it, I wouldn't have a problem trading mine either!

The Zhangbuckers saved the day for me...

Just played it live over the weekend and well, yeah, Buddy! Fuzzy goodness and rich neck bliss!!

20190925_133346a.jpg

2018 Classic Player in Orange Sunrise Burst - Zhangbucker equipped!

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score

I see your top has mineral streaks too... must be a Classic thing.

Mine has a couple of beauty marks by the switch that at first i was a little put off by, but I'm past it now.

Comes with the wood....

frozenotter

?
Platinum Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
'12 Custom Classic

This is going to be my next LP, super classy yet screams rock n roll. Beautiful guitar dude!

Wow! Love that custom classic!

Beat me too it!

+1

Otter and the Dumper have exquisite taste in guitars!
Thanks, bros!:cheers2:

In the spirit of Shotgun Double Dangerous Darrell, I'll lay out a story on mine:

I picked this up of Reverb. It had horrible active EMGs and the seller gave the option to gut the electronics and sell a shell for a couple hundred cheaper. I took that option. I ordered up a 57 and 57+ and complete 50's wiring. It came out great and smells like the vanilla BO of an angel ...still. I hate skinny necks but this one has some serious shoulders making actually one of my favorite necks.

This is the best I can do for a final DD Darrell touch too:
<insert and imagine illustration here>

:thumb:

Last edited:

integra evan

Reaction score
I can tell you IME, if it still had those stock pickups in it, I wouldn't have a problem trading mine either!

The Zhangbuckers saved the day for me...

Just played it live over the weekend and well, yeah, Buddy! Fuzzy goodness and rich neck bliss!!

View attachment 409892

2018 Classic Player in Orange Sunrise Burst - Zhangbucker equipped!

I actually think the stock pickups sounded great lol

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think the stock pickups sounded great lol
I'm sure... I mean I've read on here that lots of folks do... I just attribute it to my weird taste.

Gibson sells a lot of them and they are desirable so they can't be too awful!

In mine the stock neck was so muddy there was no need for the tone control - at all! Even sunk it didn't help. Pure dark, no snap.

The bridge was more usable, still dark but seemed to me to lack any real tonal character... kinda plain vanilla and not a lot of girth.

Since I do play a lot clean I'm looking for a bit of richness or fullness in my sound that may not appeal to more high gain players, it would likely mud or color things for them.

This neck pickup is designed to be lower output with smaller mags and coil.
It works so well i can even raise the pickup up to the strings and it doesn't go flabby, just gets more focused.

Sings like a bird, or rather as Matt at Parkway music said, it sounds like a Strat on steroids.

Lots of sparkle a focus like a Strat, but fuller and richer sounding because it is a P-90.

:laugh2:
The bridge is hotter wound and bigger mags and has a lot of midrange fat. It sounds a lot like a humbucker, but still has the P-90 fuzz when driven.

I'm Mclovin' them!

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
496r/500t setup is my favorite on earth...especially with a 57+ routed in the middle

-Chris