My Black Beauty from Prestige Guitars

luft

Reaction score
I just received this from Prestige Guitars in Vancouver and I can't believe the quality of this thing! It sounds as good as it looks. For $600.00 bones, you just can beat it! Now I've gotta go and play that thing!

Attachments

fisheric

Reaction score
Way nice :thumb:

Good score friend.

Is that nickel hardware or chrome?

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Wow....that's got all the earmarks of a Gibson Killer right there.

(I've read up on those....the construction of the guitar includes a AAA maple cap. It probably sounds awesome...)

OP: Where can we get some audio samples of these guitars?

River

Reaction score
Nice! Got links? Do they offer an SG or ES?

luft

Reaction score
Mahogany body, Carved AAA Grade maple top, One piece mahogany neck, Bound rosewood fingerboard, Mother of pearl rectangular inlays, Mother of pearl prestige logo & decal, Seymour Duncan SH1-59 (neck) SH4-JB (bridge) humbucker pickups, Tune-o-matic bridge & stop bar, Chrome hardware and Grover tuners. I had the pickguard added.

Here's a link to their site: Welcome to Prestige Guitars - Current Models

LEFTY LES

Banned
Reaction score
Good for you Luft. I almostbought one of those but there is so little info out there I passed. Im to the point where I wish I should have. Did you get it off Ebay for that price??? If you go right to the website there prices are at least double... So where did you get it from??? Welcome to the forum bro...!!

luft

Reaction score
I ordered it from "Mike" "Acemate" on eBay. He is in Vancouver and was great and when asked for the pickguard, he had them install it no charge. As far a I know, he is the only place where you can pick one of these up right now. The service was excellent and I talked to Mike on the phone and he was very helpful. I would do it again in a heart beat!

tonebone

Reaction score
I too considered Prestige. They certainly look good from what I've seen on ebay and the reviews at HC. I just couldn't hang with the headstock and cutout. Same way I felt about Agile's.

Beauty guitar!

G Man

Reaction score
Hey Luft,

Glad to hear you took that chance on these great guitars. I'm sure you'll continue to be impressed, as I am with mine.

Rock on.

Ole'Lefty

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is still for sale downstairs. If you recall the pictures I posted of my living room with guitar projects all over, you can understand why. It is a great guitar- it would be great for $800.Mike

Ole'Lefty

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know, I would like to own a genuine Les Paul. With the drastic changes in my work opportunities, it is unlikely to happen. I have to repeat, though, that my 97 Orville BB is as fine a guitar as I have ever played. Sometimes a person gets lucky. Without this forum, I would never have considered buying it. Thanks, on the Orville and the Prestige.mt

The_Sentry

Reaction score
lololololololol!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Sure.....Gibson doesn't even use AAA tops on a lot of their models....and that guitar was a lot cheaper than the Standard Faded.

(nahhhh...this won't cut into sales though! Moving along! Nothing to see here! :p )

roadsong66

Reaction score
Can you describe the neck profile on your Prestige compared to Les Paul models?

lpaxeman

Reaction score
They feature a C shape Slim Tapered Neck Profile, and a 12" Fingerboard Radius.
Very much like a Standard Gibson Les Paul.
There is a Guitar World Video and Guitar Review on these guys this month.
You can read and watch it on their MySpace page if interested.
Here is the link: Prestige Guitars | MySpace.com

roadsong66

Reaction score
They feature a C shape Slim Tapered Neck Profile, and a 12" Fingerboard Radius.
Very much like a Standard Gibson Les Paul.
There is a Guitar World Video and Guitar Review on these guys this month.
You can read and watch it on their MySpace page if interested.
Here is the link: Prestige Guitars | MySpace.com

Thanks LPaxeman!

That is pretty much the answer I was hoping you were going to give me, and I will follow the link you've provided.

Shai`tan

Reaction score
These seem like really Quality axes. Gonna have to try 1 some time. Thx for the info and link.