My Birdseye Paul

kenpoken

Reaction score
Well, I finally put the Paul down to send some pictures. It's all stock except for covers, new bell knobs, and position indicators.

Birdseye finish.jpg
With Covers.jpg
Serial Number.jpg
Inside Cavity 5.jpg

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's a fine looking Epi. Beautiful top! I'd put some SD Pearly Gates in that one. Zebra's of course. :)

kenpoken

Reaction score
Thank you,

she is my favorite guitar. I was thinking of Pearly Gates, but i would probably have covers with them. The guitar didn't come with covers as it is a Classic model. I wanted a change of looks on it.

Gatormike

Reaction score
That's a looker!

If she were mine:
1) Duncan Ants
2) RS Guitar Works Vintage '50's Wiring Harness (pots and caps) with a correct switch and jack.

Wire it yourself with a $15 soldering iron from Wal-Mart or Ontario equivalent. You'd have to route out the knob holes a bit (and your new tophats might not fit), but the guitar will rock! Or have MHD pickups get you a custom set if you want something hotter than PAF-type. Rayne/CaptainCoolaid winds some sweet pups.

Mike

chrisobrien

Reaction score
I've heard great things about Stormy Mondays if you're looking for a pickup change!

Nice looking axe man! I really like quilted maple.

kenpoken

Reaction score
Thanks,

The burst is almost subtle, as if they doubled on the amber finish, and you can see the grain in the top.

Body Grain.JPG

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
nice guitar, I'd go either Duncan 59s, Alnico Pro IIs or BurstBuckers, make that thing scream-n-soar, LOL!!

kenpoken

Reaction score
I think for me Semour Duncans are the way for me to go. I went to the music shop a few months ago, and they handed me a Gibson studio with Burstbuckers in it. I didn't like them.....could be because it was chambered. They had SD59's but without covers.I might start there for real mods as long as the covers are with them, .....but no rush..

qpHalcy0n

Reaction score
Very nice, I like the birdseye.

I have to refinish my 1960 reissue and I hope to find a nice birdseye veneer. They're rather pricey compared to your plain/flame veneer though...eek.

kenpoken

Reaction score
I'm sure your guitar will look great underneith. Send us some pictures of your progress. I'm curious to see.

I once found a blue book price on my guitar, but can't find it nor can I verify its original msrp.

qpHalcy0n

Reaction score
Hehe, well Epiphones usually don't look so pretty underneath. I loaned it to a friend whose cat decided it'd make a fine scratching post. Already stripped and sanded the veneer off.....

...Its 6 pieces of scrap maple w/ defects. It looks atrocious :)

kenpoken

Reaction score
WOW.....

I was playing a Fender Strat copy my son refinished and my puppy wanted to chew it.....had his teeth on the body.......I feel your pain......

Phildog

Reaction score
That's a stunner!

But a Jonesy harness and some GFS Vintage 59's all the way!!!

Pinkie

Reaction score
If you buy the RS kit get the knobs from them too.

Latest Threads