My band did a livestream last night and it was a blast!

rxbandit

Reaction score
EDIT 7/10:
We're doing another 1+ hour livestream set this Saturday! The Armory Denver is hosting us for a very special performance in full HD, with studio sound, full show lighting and projection mapping! After the set we'll be doing a interactive Q&A as well so get after it!

Link: https://thearmorydenver.ticketspice.com/citra-live-streaming-in-concert

-----------------------------------
As most of us who play out have been, I've been missing playing shows incredibly much. Although this wasn't quite the same it still felt absolutely great to crank up amps and have a show!

While I have enjoyed watching livestream sets during this weird time we're living in, something that has been lacking in many of the videos is production quality. I've tuned into so many livestreams to see a single camera angle and poor audio quality :noway: Personally, I just get bored so quickly! Our goal was to produce a livestream that was much closer in the feel to our live performances at clubs.

I handled the audio mixing and video production on this and I'm really pleased with how it came out! It was streamed on Instagram originally so that's why it was shot in vertical aspect ratio. I'm really looking forward to doing some more high quality livestreams and make them even better! Shoot in 4k, more standard 16:9 aspect, more cool angles, etc. The goal is to eventually also shoot and produce livestream sets for some of other favorite local acts in the Denver area.

Enough blathering, check it out and crank it up :jam:

Last edited:

rxbandit

Reaction score
Very enjoyable. Thanks so much for posting some fun!

I liked it all. The video cuts were lively without a nauseating “fast cut” tempo. The lighting gave it a more special feel than the “I’m playing in my basement” vibe that is prevalent right now.

I dig the drummer’s lighting. I’ve never seen that before.

What’s your band name? Do you have any releases (CDs)? Yes, I still like CDs.

I watched this on my iPad, but I’ll be checking it out again on something with more righteous sound quality.
Much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to watch!

Drummer's kit is acrylic and fitted with a product called DrumLite, the lights can be triggered by drum hits as well. They're pretty rad.

Band is called CITRA (hence the giant neon sign :naughty:), we're on all streaming services. We have a CD of our EP from a couple years ago, also have a few single releases that are singles only. I also still enjoy physical media for music, hoping to do a vinyl release for the next EP we're working on!

Spotify link:

Mockbel

Reaction score
That was awesome... I believe it is still difficult to emulate live performance in a jam room... you nailed it guys !!

meatball

Reaction score
We rehearsed yesterday LIVe for the first time since February. ,, it was awesome to say. The least. ...Two new tunes and a potential third new one

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I admire your attention to detail rxbandit. The band is good. But you don't just leave it there. You think about a lot of things that most bands don't. The presentation. The lighting, the look, the stagecraft, the sound, ear and eye candy. Bravo!

rxbandit

Reaction score
I admire your attention to detail rxbandit. The band is good. But you don't just leave it there. You think about a lot of things that most bands don't. The presentation. The lighting, the look, the stagecraft, the sound, ear and eye candy. Bravo!
Thanks Freddy! Means a lot coming from you, you know your shit and are a great guitarist!

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Big budget looks for small budget prices :thumb: Just a lot of know-how picked up over the years
r, you guys have "chemistry" it shows. My band wants to do a stream from our FEZZshed? I'm ? Maybe if we can "ship in" a "hostile" crowd?

'Alright, stand six feet apart...now throw these eggs......BBBBBOOOOOOOOOO.............................. here catch my blood..............

rxbandit

Reaction score
r, you guys have "chemistry" it shows. My band wants to do a stream from our FEZZshed? I'm ? Maybe if we can "ship in" a "hostile" crowd?

'Alright, stand six feet apart...now throw these eggs......BBBBBOOOOOOOOOO.............................. here catch my blood..............
YES, definitely needs to happen Fezz I'd tune in for that gold

Latest Threads