My BadMojo Makeover experience

your idol

Reaction score
There is another thread in the Backstage somewhere.

TLDR; He "closed" his business while still having a lot of customer's guitars with the work not completed. He then disappeared. He never sent back any of the guitars, except I think he sent one back because the forum hunted him down on Facebook. But after this I stopped following the developments.

I considered him as well until I found that thread...
Bullet dodged! Feel bad for those who lost their guitars. There has to be legal ramifications

ESchmidt

Reaction score
I have officially given up (actually a while ago) on the hope of getting my R6 back. This thief took my $3000 guitar and $500 deposit, closed his shop and all his contact avenues (phone, email, website, etc) and has seemingly disappeared. It’s been a year and a half now so...

truckermde

Reaction score
I have officially given up (actually a while ago) on the hope of getting my R6 back. This thief took my $3000 guitar and $500 deposit, closed his shop and all his contact avenues (phone, email, website, etc) and has seemingly disappeared. It’s been a year and a half now so...
I hope you filed a police report and maintained a paper trail.

Sorry that this happened to you :(

your idol

Reaction score
Bud youre FAR better than me. I would have gave him 2 times to not respond then took two days vacaction to go sort him out. I dont think that option should be off the table. From what I read someone knows where he works. Id organize a group field trip with the other jilted buyers.

LP1865

Reaction score
Funny WB is the first name brought up in that thread because thats EXACTLY who I thought of when I read this. That move will forever be know as WBing your customers
Who's WB?

your idol

Reaction score
Who's WB?
He was a very popular pickup winder. Was... Loaded up on orders and even jacked at least one forum members guitar and vanished. It was so heinous every forum essentially Voldemorted him. They wont even say his name. At one pointI think even bringing him up was punishably forbidden.King of the Damned .

mdubya

Reaction score
He was a very popular pickup winder. Was... Loaded up on orders and even jacked at least one forum members guitar and vanished. It was so heinous every forum essentially Voldemorted him. They wont even say his name. At one pointI think even bringing him up was punishably forbidden.King of the Damned .
:lol:

Yep. You couldn't even type his initials.

your idol

Reaction score
:lol:

Yep. You couldn't even type his initials.
Yup. Like thinking about this dude, especially while all the legal proceedings were happening could get you a ban threat. Over the years weve had more than one wtf moment with well known members. Ahhhh good times.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
In some states this is called theft by deception. Had a similar thing happen to me years ago with an old muscle car I was getting restored—scratch that...was *supposed* to be getting restored! Anyway, the shop took my car and my deposit and never performed a single bit of work, left the car sitting out under a tree with the hood off for a couple years, destroying the engine, etc. And he did the same thing to approximately 15-20 other guys. We eventually caught him, pressed charges, he served a couple years in jail and has been paying us back slowly over the past decade or so (every few months I get a check in the mail for about $35, ha—I‘ll never get fully paid back, but at least he was caught and prosecuted!).

Sounds like something similar needs to happen here. Sorry for your bad luck OP.:(

Latest Threads