My Adopted Daughter...

#1guitarman

Reaction score
When my wife, daughter and I first moved to the keys, there was a buncha kids in the neighborhood that used to hang out at our house...As they got older, we sorta adopted a few of them, some kids had parents that were either working all the time to pay bills, or working during the day and hangin' in one of the many tiki bars we have down here at night...Meagan...a beautiful 16 yr old, smart, funny, general all around great kid, was one of those.
We took her and her sister in as our own, making sure they went to school, had plenty to eat, someone other than mom or dad if they needed to talk, just adopted them as our own. We even had a great relationship with thier parents...
As time went on they grew to become not only good people, but great parents, Courtney has 4 kids, Meagan has 2. So we consider them to be our Grandkids too. Courtny moved to the panhandle and became an EMT, Meagan moved to Orlando and became a Dental Tech. life goes on, everyones good...

I just found out, not 10 minutes ago, Meagan died Christmas Eve from a pulmonary embolisim...She was 28. She had just gave birth to her 3rd child a week prior.
My heart is broke...I have lost a child.
And I can't stand it.
Thanks for listening.

River

Reaction score
My sincere condolences, #1G. I'm so very sorry.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this, i have two daughters
and a Step Daughter myself i can only imagine how you
feel

zeppelin101

Reaction score
Im so sorry to hear that. My best wishes and prayers out to you and your family.

#1guitarman

Reaction score
I feel empty. just like a hollow log.
I always thought I'd be the one to go first.

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Solemn wishes friend. Sorry to hear of a great life cut so young.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Brother I don't know what to say. It's one of those things that almost seems to cliche to say I'm sorry.
I can't imagine or feel your pain. But I'd like to let you I have a genuine hurt for you, and a prayer will go out for you.

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is terrible news.

She had a short time on Earth. But look at the impact you had on her and the lives of those around her. You made her life better, and she made yours better.

That's a lot of love you've got in your family. Hers endures for you and all those around her; everybody who read your post I know can tell it too.

My thoughts are with you. I'm sorry for your and your family's loss.

Reaction score
Man, my heart aches for you, I cannot imagine. That is something no parent should have to endure, adopted or not. All my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

AmazingJourney

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine losing a child. That's not the way it's supposed to be. We'll be praying for you and your family.

Tsukiyomi

Reaction score
This is terrible news.

She had a short time on Earth. But look at the impact you had on her and the lives of those around her. You made her life better, and she made yours better.

That's a lot of love you've got in your family. Hers endures for you and all those around her; everybody who read your post I know can tell it too.

My thoughts are with you. I'm sorry for your and your family's loss.
kernel has said this better than I ever could, although I echo his sentiments. RIP Meagan, and my family's thoughts and condolences to you #1G and all those who loved and had their lives touched by an obviously wonderful person. Special thoughts go to her young family :(

Silverbursted

Reaction score
Incredibly sad news. It is never right that we outlive our children, whether our own, step or adopted. Sincere condolences.

specflec

Reaction score
Best of everything to you. You have made her life better and I am certain she understood and appreciated it. Keep your family close.

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to say man...

I know nothing will ease your pain right now.Hang on bro,you will meet again in time...

Latest Threads