My 2013 ES 330 VOS and 2014 ES 335 Dot Reissue

mdubya

Reaction score
I never thought I would own either of these two guitars. More have come since, but these two can do it all. The 330 is just plain jaw dropping and excellent in every way. The 335 Dot Reissue (<--not a "reissue" of anything!) is not historically accurate, but is an incredibly capable and versatile guitar.

These two cover just about anything. They are beautiful and they smell great! They both play great, too.

I had them out for some GibSunday photos and thought I would share here, too. I will be playing these today.

Killer back on the 330!

It is hard to capture the back on the 335. It looks much better than this photo shows.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Both are super sweet. I really dig that 330

mdubya

Reaction score
The 335 looks really cool without pickup covers. :dude:
Bole! :dude:

I have been dying to put covers on. It is a set of Tom Holmes which I have not wanted to take out to add the covers. I have spoken to TH on the phone and he wants me to send him the pickups so he can install the covers himself. Super nice guy. I am going to do it. One of these days.

I also had James at Rewind "rewind" the stock '57 Classics which are waiting for a go in this guitar, too. But the Holmes have sounded too good to remove for the time being.

I hope all is well in Trankey-land.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Booth look delicious! :applause:

335s and 330s are my favorite.
When I had an ES-330L, that's what converted me to P-90s for life.

mdubya

Reaction score
Booth look delicious! :applause:

335s and 330s are my favorite.
When I had an ES-330L, that's what converted me to P-90s for life.
P-90's in a great guitar certainly leaves me wondering what I would need humbuckers for?

A while back, my goal was to have 1 version each P-90's and humbuckers for each style guitar. And now I do, and I am a happly clam. :p

jb_abides

Reaction score
Looks great, covers or not. My 335 is natural, but my 330 is a brother to yours. Enjoy!

Mike Irvin

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow Bro! Those are freaking beautiful!

That 335 looks mean, but that 330, is just awesome! Love the grain on the back!

Well done !! :h5:

Had a 335 once and let it go, but this past Sunday I picked up a '66 330, and just simply love it!

I only have one humbucker guitar left now, and it's an Ibanez Jazz box that's going bye soon to help fund my missing piece, a 61 Les Paul Jr.

Roxy13

Reaction score
They are fantastic!

Like you I want p90s in my 3 favorite types of guitars: SG, singlecut and a semi hollow.

I have a p90 SG. I had 2 of them but sold one a couple of months ago. I finally have a p90 singlecut that is not a gold top as I have never been a fan of GTs. But, I still need a semi-hollow. I'm considering putting Phat Cats in my new one.

mdubya

Reaction score
Wow Bro! Those are freaking beautiful!

That 335 looks mean, but that 330, is just awesome! Love the grain on the back!

Well done !! :h5:

Had a 335 once and let it go, but this past Sunday I picked up a '66 330, and just simply love it!

I only have one humbucker guitar left now, and it's an Ibanez Jazz box that's going bye soon to help fund my missing piece, a 61 Les Paul Jr.
Thanks, Mike!

The 330 is awesome. It can do just about anything. It feels very different to a 335 or solidbody, but as far a classic tones go, they are all there.

I have 2 ES 335's and an Epi Sheraton and they are really great guitars which cover a lot of territory. While they all have that in common, it is funny just how different each one is to play; not better or worse, just different.

I will have to look up your ES 330 NGD! :cheers:

mdubya

Reaction score
They are fantastic!

Like you I want p90s in my 3 favorite types of guitars: SG, singlecut and a semi hollow.

I have a p90 SG. I had 2 of them but sold one a couple of months ago. I finally have a p90 singlecut that is not a gold top as I have never been a fan of GTs. But, I still need a semi-hollow. I'm considering putting Phat Cats in my new one.
There is a guy I follow on Instagram due to his playing a recent ES 335 with no binding and P-90's, stock. He is an excellent player and the tones are unreal. I will try to share some of his stuff when I get the chance.

The 330 is a bit of a different animal being fully hollow, and as such, it can go from breathy, polite, almost acoustic tones, to a full raging and out of control beast. It shakes and vibrate and provides a certain degree of its own natural distortion from all of the resonations. It takes some care to not bang on it too hard, but it gives up the goods willingly, as long as you as a player don't go too over the top.

P-90's started out as a nice change of pace for me. Now, they have become my preference. :thumb:

Roxy13

Reaction score
There is a guy I follow on Instagram due to his playing a recent ES 335 with no binding and P-90's, stock. He is an excellent player and the tones are unreal. I will try to share some of his stuff when I get the chance.

The 330 is a bit of a different animal being fully hollow, and as such, it can go from breathy, polite, almost acoustic tones, to a full raging and out of control beast. It shakes and vibrate and provides a certain degree of its own natural distortion from all of the resonations. It takes some care to not bang on it too hard, but it gives up the goods willingly, as long as you as a player don't go too over the top.

P-90's started out as a nice change of pace for me. Now, they have become my preference. :thumb:
It can be a full hollow as well. So far I only have one, a Greco replica of an es-175, but I love that thing! It was nearly a wreck when I bought it and I rehabbed the whole thing. Extreme cleaning, new frets, new plastics, new hardware, new electronics. I have never seen a filthier and more disgusting guitar! It had green and black biohazard who knows what caked in every piece of hardware, all over the fretboard. It was even underneath the old frets and in the binding on the sides of the neck. The bridge had so much it was frozen to a post on one side and I couldn't break it free so I had to get a new bridge base as well as a bridge. Half the tuners wouldn't even turn! And yet the body was all nice and clean and polished.

Latest Threads