Musician Hoping To Find Stolen LP From Show

AwayWeG0

Reaction score
I think that is the mistake. When I played up to 4 nights a week (15 or 20 years ago) I never, not even once went and relaxed and have drinks while my equipment was in my car. I finished playing, took my equipment to my car by myself and went home.
I could go for drinks and fun whenever we didn't have a gig, but if I was there playing it was work, IMO you don't drink and relax at work.

Lots of my band mates got stuff stolen from their cars because they left everything there and went in to have drinks and meet girls.
^ this

Whenever I want to party (or just have a drink) after a gig, I always go to one of the after parties where I’d be unlikely followed. NEVER party where you play unless it’s a private function where people can be trusted.

Joe A

Reaction score
Some harsh folks in here... I'm often one of them but damn.

Roasting a guy after his LP was stolen & hoping to get it back by offering to not press charges is some low bottom belly of a worm type stuff.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Some harsh folks in here... I'm often one of them but damn.

Roasting a guy after his LP was stolen & hoping to get it back by offering to not press charges is some low bottom belly of a worm type stuff.
It's the GFM crap that he's getting roasted about.

Hoping to get way more, than his OG was worth.

Joe A

Reaction score
It's the GFM crap that he's getting roasted about.

Hoping to get way more, than his OG was worth.
I get that. That's would be greedy.

I'll also concede that the "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" Night Ranger / Loverboy shorts aren't doing him any favors either :)

Phillycheez402

Reaction score
Indeed. Get a perfectly good and playable Epiphone. Play some more gigs and eat less outside and in a shirt time he can get a Gibson again.
People want everything easy these days, and for someone else to pay for them.
Great point. Nothing wrong with a quality epiphone

Red Planet

Reaction score
"He won't get the police involved"

Then he doesn't want it back. Seriously, if you aren't making the serial number public and you aren't letting the police know it's stolen, then you don't want it back. Be quiet.

Should I assume every HCB '08 Standard is the one that was stolen? Throw his gofundme in there and as far as I'm concerned he's soliciting donations for a new guitar based on BS.
He actually said if someone returned it he wouldnt ask questions. He did not say he wasnt reporting it to the police. He implide if someone felt guilty and returned his guitar he would let it go at that. I think that is a fairly normal reaction.

If my LP was stolen I would be devastated. I did not take mine to my last gig for the same reason. I may seek out a cheaper alternative to gig.

I would love to afford a Historic I think you guys should start a GFM and buy me one. That would be peachy. :)

Red Planet

Reaction score
I had a 72 Fender fretless P Bass stolen once. It took me 2 years but I got it back. Had to go before a grand jurry and testify then absolutly prove to a deputy it was really mine.

I didnt have the serial number and the fencer claimed I traded it for drugs. I gave them a copy of the police report and asked why would I file that (two years earlier) if I was on drugs? They believed me then the deputy said I would have to prove it was mine. I told him to remove the pickguard and he would find a piece of Budweiser t shirt wrapped around the 9v battery of the EMG preamp I had installed, after verifying he then said that is your bass.

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few GoFundMes for vacations("She's a good person and deserves this all expenses paid vacation to Italy") , to buy new tires for someone's car, etc. They just don't stop.
And for this very reason they are prohibited on this, and all of Alex's forums.

Some are legit, many are outright laughable.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes a trunk is not enough.if you are being watched.
Bingo.
I have processed dozens of traffic video requests for the police department where people are followed from a bank.
Sometimes half a mile, sometimes half an hour.
And they park, go into a store thinking nobody knows they have an envelope with $20k in it in the car, and they come back out with their smoothie and a windows is broken and it's gone.
One didn't even wait for her to get out... as soon as she parked they smashed the window and grabbed it.
And one was smart enough to take the envelope with him when he got out of the car... and they knocked him out.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about those "Tile" trackers in the case or even the cavity or back of the headstock? (Velcro, but can be seen,just spit ballING ideas)
If it walks, it can be tracked..... I think I may invest in a few before gigging again.
Hit and miss at best.
They depend on a BT connection to a mobile device.

A mobile device that has the parent app installed

A mobile device that has the parent app installed and the owner has enabled location sharing with other users.

There might be 20,000 Tile users in your city.
How many of them share location?
I have the app installed for my wife's Tile devices... but the app doesn't restart with the phone until I launch it.

filtersweep

Reaction score
Bingo.
I have processed dozens of traffic video requests for the police department where people are followed from a bank.
Sometimes half a mile, sometimes half an hour.
And they park, go into a store thinking nobody knows they have an envelope with $20k in it in the car, and they come back out with their smoothie and a windows is broken and it's gone.
One didn't even wait for her to get out... as soon as she parked they smashed the window and grabbed it.
And one was smart enough to take the envelope with him when he got out of the car... and they knocked him out.
What legitimate use does anyone have for $20000 in cash?

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What legitimate use does anyone have for $20000 in cash?
Buying a car seems to be one of the more common claims, one was a deposit from a cash business.
$20k is an outlier... most are a few thousand.

mudface

Boo Bee
Reaction score
Buying a car seems to be one of the more common claims, one was a deposit from a cash business.
$20k is an outlier... most are a few thousand.
This is what $20k looks like in $100 bills.... can’t exactly fit that in a postal envelope.

E761A191-1631-4D47-97DF-E3ED2F105F24.jpeg

I always have $20k or more in cash some place..;).... but not in my car.

Last edited:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the thought of having one of my guitars stolen make my stomach churn with anxiety and fills me with anger.

If someone ever nicked one of my guitars and I caught them, they'd watch me cut off and cauterize their fingers one at a time.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
He will be in my area in September....I wonder if he will actually give me 4K for a 2008 Standard?
Call the police, fill out the paperwork, plaster it everywhere.....Moron.

I hate any thief, much less one that steals musical instruments, but this guy made so many stupid-ass mistakes (both before and after the theft) that there's no "feeling sorry" for him.

you would think that being in an "established" band, he would have a tech taking care of that. :applause:

Last edited:

GBLEV

Reaction score
The universe needs to crush people who steal. I hope this guy gets his guitar back someday. A serial number of description of any special markings would help. Makes me want to carve my name into the control cavities of guitars I never plan on selling.
That wouldn't work, thief's would just sand it off, or the person they sold the stolen guitar to would do it.

Rozman62

Reaction score
This thread reminds me why I gig with $500-700 guitars and leave the high end ones at home. Hope he gets it back with or without police involvement.

Latest Threads